Kx125 complete rebuild

GPI Radiators...you uh, lose a bet?
I had them on my YZ250 and they were...shoddy at best.
What was the problem you had with the gpi. I know they are cheap rads .you have cooling issues or something.put coolant in today. They hold water:D thats a plus.

GPI Radiators...you uh, lose a bet?
I had them on my YZ250 and they were...shoddy at best.
What was the problem you had with the gpi. I know they are cheap rads .you have cooling issues or something.put coolant in today. No leaks:D thats a plus.

Well got some more parts on yesterday
20200325_180404_copy_780x1040.jpg
but took the one fork off that was leaking to see if i needed bushings also. Needs more than bushings.bunch of broken shat in there.
20200326_180507_copy_780x1040.jpg
20200326_180440_copy_780x1040.jpg
20200326_180449_copy_780x1040.jpg
20200326_180449_copy_780x1040.jpg
had an extra set of yz kyb forks. Was hoping to steal necessary part out of. But 97-98 kx did something different with the damping rod.

Going to be a fun ride when you are done! I have a KDX200 I ride occasionally when I need a little thrill. Be getting it out before too long.
Got a couple 125s .been looking at the kdx for alittle.not alot for sale around here. There's a nice looking air cooled one. Some others they want stupid$. There was a package deal a 90 and 99 running but needs work for $1200

What was the problem you had with the gpi. I know they are cheap rads .you have cooling issues or something.put coolant in today. No leaks:D thats a plus.
So I had no leaks with mine and they cooled ok, but I had to make modified mounts for mine as well as rotate all of the outlet/inlets. Mine had a number stamped on it that corresponded to the correct radiator type.

So I had no leaks with mine and they cooled ok, but I had to make modified mounts for mine as well as rotate all of the outlet/inlets. Mine had a number stamped on it that corresponded to the correct radiator type.
So fitment basically sucked?

Reactions: DKavcak
Put the old plastics back on for now.spent the money on another set of forks without a bunch of broken parts on them i hope. They seem ok. But still have to reseal them
20200401_163426_copy_780x1040.jpg

Attachments

• 20200401_163412_copy_780x1040.jpg
    20200401_163412_copy_780x1040.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Awk08
Got a couple 125s .been looking at the kdx for alittle.not alot for sale around here. There's a nice looking air cooled one. Some others they want stupid$. There was a package deal a 90 and 99 running but needs work for $1200

I think mine is a 2002, been a fun and reliable bike, great for riding around the farm except I seem to rarely get to really let it stretch it's legs. Some people replace the front suspension for newer designs but it's never bothered me for they type of riding I do.

Yours is looking good, I would use that plastic too, looks to be in good shape, maybe order some new decals or just remove the ones on there.

Reactions: Slydog
I think mine is a 2002, been a fun and reliable bike, great for riding around the farm except I seem to rarely get to really let it stretch it's legs. Some people replace the front suspension for newer designs but it's never bothered me for they type of riding I do.

Yours is looking good, I would use that plastic too, looks to be in good shape, maybe order some new decals or just remove the ones on there.
The plastics have the original decals i think. Accept for the piece the pressure cleaner blew off.woops. will probably get new plastics and decals shortly.

A thanks to ken oconner racing. For the crank rebuild, cylinder plating, and power valve service.great. machine work as always. Bike runs great.

Reactions: Awk08
Ordered fork bushings and seal kit for front forks. Was waiting on seal bullet but now it's not coming in till may 8. Electric tape it is.