just curious

Well I've seen a kid on a KTM 85 beat an extremely fast 125A rider and a decent 250B rider. On the track it depends on rider ability and the right modifications. I do decent in B class, but the 450 makes it much less tiring. Back on topic... anythings possible.. but you need either money, crafty ways, or skill..:D

90% of the time it's rider, but I'm afraid that's a serious 10% remaining on equipment. Don't waste your time and money trying or even thinking about it further.

It's not the fastest, but I've got a quick blaster with a decent amount of money in it. It is still in the dust compared to my LTR450. A 450 class machine is far superior in every way compared to a blaster. Low end power, top end power, suspension, rider feel, etc. far exceed the poor blaster. The blaster is a great quad, but these are in different categories. My girl usually rides it but I still hop on the blaster once in awhile and have a great time. Enjoy your ride for what it is.

There are always exceptions to anything with a nearly unlimited budget, but that's not going to happen for us mortals.

90% of the time it's rider, but I'm afraid that's a serious 10% remaining on equipment. Don't waste your time and money trying or even thinking about it further.

It's not the fastest, but I've got a quick blaster with a decent amount of money in it. It is still in the dust compared to my LTR450. A 450 class machine is far superior in every way compared to a blaster. Low end power, top end power, suspension, rider feel, etc. far exceed the poor blaster. The blaster is a great quad, but these are in different categories. My girl usually rides it but I still hop on the blaster once in awhile and have a great time. Enjoy your ride for what it is.

There are always exceptions to anything with a nearly unlimited budget, but that's not going to happen for us mortals.

I just wanted to clarify as you can see I own a 450, I agree with everything you just said. Just giving the example... dunno why I felt like I had to add that.

Aw man you are askin alot.
Think of it like this:
A kids 200cc 2 stroke quad against a basically state of the art 1/8th of a formula 1 motor.
You can beat him but you'll need a drag port, drag pipe, big bore, stroker crank, and be on time.
Better yet run nitrous and hide it B)

Be like this guy minus the N2O

Last edited by a moderator:
that fker was quick as hell

I've raced him before.
It was when I had a trail port/trail pipe and he beat me.
At that time my set-up was beating 450's.
I'd like to race him again with my drag port/drag pipe.
He now runs a stretch frame, it would be a good race :)

Aw man you are askin alot.
Think of it like this:
A kids 200cc 2 stroke quad against a basically state of the art 1/8th of a formula 1 motor.
You can beat him but you'll need a drag port, drag pipe, big bore, stroker crank, and be on time.
Better yet run nitrous and hide it B)

Be like this guy minus the N2O
YouTube - my FloTek Blater vs. modded yfz 450.

ahhh everytime i see these vids it makes me smile, FLOTEK FTW!!I:I

i can keep up with a buddys preditor up till 4th then again i dont have much done. he should be able to whoop me off the line but he has no tires and not that good of a rider. hes too scared of his own quad. depends on the race and the rider.

Ha, I raced my friends 450r on the road, we drag raced and he left me by second gear. His 450 has an fmf pipe and new needles, while my blaster is a 240 with full DG pipe and silencer. I bought it used there is a newer head on it and I'm not sure what else but it runs hard. First time I raced him I didn't shift cause his bike is so loud I couldn't hear my bike and the second time I tried to launch it so hard I put the front three feet off the ground and had to back off a bit and by then he was gone. There is no way in hell I will ever beat that machine. Its an f'in rocket. My bike will run with a 300ex no prob and starts to pull on it but not a 400 or 450r.

if i were u id get a new exhaust dgs like stock but chrome get a fmf if u dont plan on to many mods in the future or get a power pros toomey vitos fatbastard stuff like that and u should beat on a 300ex with a 240 big bore i beat on 300exs when mine was stock now i got a 0.40 over fmf powercore 2 28 mil carb boysen power reeds and a droped front sprocket tooth and i beat on a piped and iltered 350 raptor

at least?!?!? ur lucky to get close, it will take alot of money and i still dont think you'll win in a short stretch. and the 350's and 400's aint got nothin on a 450 so good luck.

you are absolutely correct, when it comes to a 450 it is in a class completely seperate from the 400's

i had a guy beg to race my 2006 450er.
he was on a honda trx400ex with a 440 big bore kit, stage1 hotcam and a 3mm stroker crank, with fmf exhaust.

I passed him in 3rd gear with a passenger on with me, and just kept pulling away from him.
there was no real competition.

the 450's are so much stronger than the 400's.

while my trx450er is no longer stock, it really could put out the horsepower as a stock machine.

before buying the 450er i rode a fully modded big bore blaster.
the blaster was an awesome machine but there was no way it would outrun the 450er.

the blaster is now my sons atv. but i still ride it every now and then.
it's still my favorite trail bike.