Jetting and fuel mixture help

Hendog213

Oct 17, 2015
Ok picked up an 03 blaster sloppy piston so I put in a wisco piston .75 over put on a full FMF exhaust non stock foam filter I have no clue where to start on jet size and I have a bunch of blaster parts around and contiplating on hooking the oil injection pump up ? Good or bad idea? My cuz has an 05 .20 over full FMF and hasn't had a problem and just seems way more convenient but looking for all suggestions

full FMF and aftermarket filter:
not knowing your exact location and current temps (it was in the 30's here today :()
I'm going to suggest rich to start to be safe for the unknowns.

buy 270 thru 310 main jets, start large and plug chop down

plug chops: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

stock pilot, aiscrew @ 1.5 turns out to start - adjust it for highest idle, needle on middle clip position
IF..... you re-install the oil injection, reduce main jet 1-2 sizes and confirm that with plug chops

full FMF and aftermarket filter:
not knowing your exact location and current temps (it was in the 30's here today :()
I'm going to suggest rich to start to be safe for the unknowns.

buy 270 thru 310 main jets, start large and plug chop down

plug chops: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

stock pilot, aiscrew @ 1.5 turns out to start - adjust it for highest idle, needle on middle clip position
IF..... you re-install the oil injection, reduce main jet 1-2 sizes and confirm that with plug chops
Thanks I ride in Wv and MD elevation probly 800' at the most and temp is everywhere from 20*f to 105* I ride all year round lol I've had a 660 raptor for ever this is my 2nd blaster build but my other I left completely stock - the oil injection

My first completely stock blaster I rode year round in those same temps you mention and never touched the jetting, ever for 8 years. (although it came with a 240 main that the manual said to use for temps under 32°). apparently the stock 230 main is set rich enuf to handle lower temps.

That is not the case once we start modifying with pipes, filters ect.
If you run your summer (60-80°) main jet in temps that dip into the 30-40°s,
it will fry.

My bike likes 2 main jet sizes bigger for temps under 50° down into the 30°s, and airscrew adjustments.
If my needle wasnt set rich as is, I'd prolly raise it one clip position also.