Jets

swilke22

Apr 17, 2011
Palm Bay Florida
Ok I have installed my new v-force reeds and the bike runs awesome but better in the mid-range. I only installed the 240 main jet and I bought the 35 pilot jet. I was wondering if the pilot jet will help the idol out and the low-end. I still have the stock main pipe waiting to find a deal on Ebay.

Hi, in my experience, ive never found any advantage swapping to a 35 pilot, it is fine to use it, but if you have to set it less than 1 1/2 turns in, then rather use a stock 32.5 pilot and have it set a little more out eg 2 - 2 1/2 turns out.

I may also use a bigger main-to be safe - perhaps a 260 or so

Thanks for the info I am right @ 1 1/2 turns right now maybe when I get the front pipe it will have a little more low-end.
I should maybe swap out the stock clutch for something a little better.

Why do you think you need to replace your clutch? Is it slipping?

Most people don't need to mess with the pilot with a/m pipe and porting.

with my mods i run a 32.5 pilot at sea level. i have tried a 35 but found my optimal idle setting in the middle of the 32.5's usable range. i can still get it to be too rich with the stock jet.

you will only need to change your clutch if its giving you problems, eg, slipping, biting etc.

a pipe such as a FMF will generally give you more top end. if you are suffering from low end power shortage it may well be too rich and is bogging. try leaning it out a little bit at a time.

your stock clutch is fine and I would do a plug chop to see if you need to be any richer. I would think that you are fine until you get a new pipe or open the airbox. I do prefer to run a little rich on the pilot.

Maybe it was the oil I was using I am going back to the 10w-40 Valvoline for wet clutches.
For the air box it is stock with one of those K&N style air filers from Vitos.
Should I drill some 1/2 holes in the top of the air box.????
And should I go with the next main jet up 250.

you can drill your lid, but i prefer to just take it off altogether. you do need to do a proper plug chop, read the stickys about them in the engine section. its hard to assume with jetting, every bike is different! i noticed a big bofference in bottom end when i took my lid off and did some proper jetting.

you can drill your lid, but i prefer to just take it off altogether. you do need to do a proper plug chop, read the stickys about them in the engine section. its hard to assume with jetting, every bike is different! i noticed a big bofference in bottom end when i took my lid off and did some proper jetting.

Thanks,, for all the great info...I just need to take a day and try different things from what you explained. Plug chop,jetting and air box.
Cool after all those goodies it should be running awesome.