installing yz250 in a blaster difficulty

Oct 16, 2008
southern IN
like the title says how hard is this and what are the hardest parts i found a few motors around here and me and my bro are thinking of building one if it isnt to hard

thanks for all the help

i have but i am not seeing one from ground up and im thinking the pipe is going to suck and what do you have to do to the mounts on the frame for it to work

i think bolting it up was the easiest part..we had to mod the frame on our motor swap..but yes i agree the pipe can be very frusterating/// we chopped a pipe welded in the form we needed and then sought a pipe that would meet our specs...ended up with a dyno port on blasyt engine in lt frame...all is possible just be creative and above all else fab it correct and strong the first time..otherwise u will be pulling it all apart when u start breaking motor mounts...from the engine yanking sideways :)

is the welding difficult on this or is it pretty simple, what do the motor mounts need to look like i found an 88 complete bike for $400 with after market stuff

i found this 88 what you think is it nice to drop in it is $400
"1988 yz 250 red and white aluminum swingarm new chain and sproket new crank bearings,rings,gaskets wiesco piston 1.5 mm over sized hot rod connecting rod new stator 2 ingnition boxes mikuni race carb new air filter fmf gold series pipe needs intake boot"