in need of a little rm125 help...

xNOLOVEx

Oct 21, 2011
i just got a 97 rm125 my elevation level is 650. i live in merriville,Indiana if anybody on her close by can tell me what there jetting is and its fine for you, then help me out.
i remind you this is my first dirtbike, it has FMF fatty and shorty, with v force3 reeds.with a pwk36 carb,for gas im running 93 octane with klotz 32:1

i got the bike took it apart cleaned everything now when i checked the jetting it was
main- #168
pilot- #50
needle- 3rd clip
the bike would run find if i eased the throttle kind of slow and start ripping but when im coming around corners in 2nd or 3rd gear and have the throttle 1/4 open then crack it open to WOT it wouldnt jump up to high RPMs. it would bog down like its sucking for air or too much fuel?

now i changed the main jet to #170 and when i wack the throttle wide open out of 3rd gear it does the dreaded buuuuuhhwaaaa:(

also my first gear before i take off, i put it in first and it does a little jump (dirtbikes do that???) while i let the clutch go i have to ease the throttle or it does a bog, tomorrow im trying a smaller pilot jet to see if that changes.

i have been looking online a few days now i read the specs for FMF but they seem to not work, and i read on another forum google took me to, a guy did the specs for pro circuit pipe and his bike ran great. i havent tried those specs yet. just wanted to ask you guys first for your opinion.

i would check to see what the factory specs are for that bike,
install them
then bump the main one or 2 sizes and do a plug chop

btw....has this been leakdown tested ????

Okay factory specs;
Main #175
Pilot #50
needle 4th

Leakdown test nothing leaks the only thing that does is very little splooge out the pipe and abouy 2 drops out the powervalve hose.
Right now im running main#170 pilot#50, today I tried a 48 pilot and the bike ran great but the only problem was It kind of smelled like something was burning like rubber, so I didnt run it long and the pipe smelled like nasty burned gas, not the nice smell of klotz.
Any help please??