im a lucky SOB!!!

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
so for thoughs that didnt read my posts in the engine section.. im a lucky mofo.. and graced that my blaster still runs... come to find out my blaster was never jetted... tuned yes because i tuned it....
soo i ran all winter on a 220 jet.. with no air box lid and answer silencer... other stuff done... i think im starting to really question the work done on my blaster.. im betting there was no port work done like said, and starting to wonder about the reeds.. even htough i do have arecipt for reeds at the cost of about $25 bucks...

moral of this store.. if you buy a blaster check the jetting anyway!!

i rode HARD all winter. around 60 hours on a 220 jet!

thanks smoker... yeah.. like i posted in the engine section.. i didnt think it was fuel related since it was not constant... BTW.. inside of the carb was spotless!! not a speck of anyhting in it that shouldnt be there!!

took it for a ride with the 230 in it.. and no more issues!! i still gonna jump it up to a 240 or 250 to be safe though.. but atlest my mind is eased now that i fixed the issue

You could be getting bogging also if your bike is getting to much gas. More gas gets dumped into the carb than can be burned so it will bog down. Maybe you should try going down a few jets.

Also if there was a 220 jet in your stock mikuni carb that is a smaller than stock jet. The 230 you are ruing now is stock. I would go to a 240 b/c you have your air box removed.

according to my clymers boos 220 summer and 230 winter are stock.. miss print in the book???

and no the bog was.. well idk.. it kinda cleared its self up.. it was the detonation like sound i was gettin...

thanks guys/ girls for your help btw

thats the way fuel works i suppose ya cant really say you know 100% what gasoline is ganna do in the motor ya know what i mean...

lol yeah i know what you mean...

yeah im very lucky it didnt blow up.. beleve me i rode HARD all winter running lean... or on the lean side.. my plug checks always looked exceptable.. going to the yammy dealer today and picking up a 240 and a 250 yet though

i would stay with the 250, and if you have problems drop to the 240, you are safer being a little on the rich side, less chances of frying rings or ceasing the piston because you are still getting that goodness of lube!

i would stay with the 250, and if you have problems drop to the 240, you are safer being a little on the rich side, less chances of frying rings or ceasing the piston because you are still getting that goodness of lube!

oh i know!! so chances are that 'evil honda oil' i run is what saved my motor all winter!!!.. and fuel is good.. id rather replace plugs than pistons.. as long as not overly rich

nah, 250 should be good, if 240 keeps the plug a little wet and not soaked and really dark use it, but plug chop the 50 first, i use yama 2r man it is good sh*t, i mean 8 bucks for like 12 or 16 oz