Idle screw

blasterscramble

Jun 12, 2013
Hey I'm new with blasters I just got one today and its missing an idle screw so It won't idle, I have to sit there and rev it. Was wondering if I can just use a screw from my local hardware store until mine comes in the mail? If so what's the size and pitch? Thank you

More info needed. Do you have the TORS "brick" on top of the carb? Or do you have tors deleted and you're missing the screw on left side of carb?

Well I can't seem to get it to work lol, but I think it might have the "brick on top I'm not sure. I just know its a "mukuni" I believe

Stock carbs are mikuni

Do you have the big blockey thing on top that your idle screw is in? Or will your idle screw go in the side?

That's your idel air screw! Don't run without it and it CAN NOT be replaced with a average run of the mill screw it's more like a jet honestly. should be 1 and a half turns out when reinstalled pretty sure, someone will correct me If I'm wrong.

There other screw they are referring to in the tors "brick" is your idel adjustment to. Take your seat off ( it's just a latch at the rear of the quad) and look down under your tank, do you see a goofy looking brick down there on top of your carb. If so the screw facing you on the top of this "brick" is also for your idel adjustment.

Can someone post a pic of the air screw on the left side of the carb? I actually think I might not be missing it. Is it the small flat head brass screw?

That screw controls the air mixture, your idle screw should be under your seat if you still have the TORS unit. It is also a flat head screw but its much bigger than the brass screw you mentioned.

The brass flat head is the one I was referring to in the side of the carb. If u got a stock minkuni with tors, then the second pic that herp posted is ur idel, this is found under ur seat!

Also how did you You end up ordering a idel screw? If you don't know If it is the idel screw?

I'm saying if you don't know where ur idel screw is then how do you know it's missing it?