I think I blew my blaster

1,247 feet above sea level. The person I bought it from is 223 feet above sea level.

Jetting is definitely off u must plug chop after heat cycles and retorqueing all bolts to manual specs don't
Use that piston and what r ur mods and did u check for burs in the piston

Ahh man. I'm not sure what to say about the hone on that cyliner other than ouch..:confused:
I wouldn't put it back together and run it like that, your asking for trouble if you do. You need to send the cyl and piston to a shop that knows what there doing.

Last edited:
Hey jus me what about that piston though I'm a bit skeptical on that too I said not to use and never get a used piston that's just my two cents

It's hard to see what the piston looks like so not really sure. I would be lying if I said I didn't reuse pistons, I've re ringed plenty of times (conditions permitting) It all depends if there's any deep gouges or chunks missing, how many hours on the piston etc.. It could "look" OK but still have a hairline crack you may not see so it would be best to get a new piston. You can get a new piston for as cheap as $40 if you look. You will want the cylinder checked to make sure it is within spec also.. Even a new piston in a worn out,out of round, out of taper bore won't last long and can/will cause more problems.

Running a used cyl and piston is fine as long as there within spec,, But by the looks of the hone on that cyl I wouldn't trust either..

No the deal was he bought and piston as package used but look at the top edge it has some marks that look like a slight groove and btw how's the wr motor u decide weather or not to rebuild I think u should it would b awesome

You did yourself no favor with those parts . Proper honing should be at about 45* angle. In first pic looks like a big booger right between the two transfer ports.
Would have been further ahead to bore your cyl.
Dollar says the new xyl is worn.

BTW a burr is a bit of metal that sticks out.

I found the parts on Cl the guy said after 5 hours of use he put a hole in the case. Thats way he sold them.

I am definitely going to rebuild it. As far as I now this would be its first rebuild since 2003.

Good do it the right way as I stated b4 tear apart bottom end take all metal fragments out and inspect everything put all new bearings,seals and gasket recomend cometic or Oem send crank for rebuild to ken if need b put a fresh bore from ken with a new wiesco piston giv it a leak test if it looses more than 1 psi spray down gaskets with soapy water look for bubbles make sure everything is torqued with in spec using clymer manual and right torque wrench put through heat cycles then retorque everything. Plug chop to confirm jetting and you'll b glad u did all that in the end when u have a nice running quad

That cylinder needs to bored to the next over size, and have a NEW piston matched to it. The lower end needs taken apart (not hard if you pay attention) and the crank rebuilt.

That cylinder was hand selected from multiple others that had a bazillion hours on them to clean off the shelf in their garage. It was then given a piston that would fit "inside" with complete disregard for sizing, and was then honed with a piece of sand paper by hand. Absolutely terrible!
The person that sold that to you needs his ass removed. You got ripped off!
Is there any way you can get your money back and apply it to your engine rebuild?

Reactions: Blaaster