I need some re-jetting advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I KNEW SOMEONE WAS GONNA SAY I WAS LYING! lol but that link gave me another idea, maybe a previous owner got it bored out like someone said on that forum?... either way im taking pics with a micrometer today and i will post them when in a little while. but i believe ya that they never made 35mm its just wierd that i have one in front of me lol. i dont understand why anyone would bore out a carb 1mm, i realize every little bit of performance counts but come on now!

you know the rules..............pics or you're lying, LOL

but really, what does it matter 34/35, gonna be very similar jetting, and same intake boot works for both

BTW.....heres what a google search turned up for 34mm pj
(2 whole results)................

read down, the BQ guys say there has never been a 35pj ???.......

35mm-pj gas carburetors - Banshee HQ Forums

and apparently the one you bought............

Yamaha Honda Suzuki Blaster Carburetor carb Keihin 35mm PJ flat slide | eBay

2db4c9be.jpg
Looks like 35mm to me! ;)...
b45547b7.jpg
the "PJ" Stamp and serial numbers maybe?...
aacbbf24.jpg
heres it is half taken apart...

Last edited by a moderator:
and i know the calipers are not completely inside it but they were both on the ID. if i stick them deep in it i get a reading of like 34.68-34.79 cause its hard to hold them correctly and the slightest movement knocks it back down like 2mm

and i know the calipers are not completely inside it but they were both on the ID. if i stick them deep in it i get a reading of like 34.68-34.79 cause its hard to hold them correctly and the slightest movement knocks it back down like 2mm

Well the measurement is taken from the outside, and a 34pj is 41mm on the engine side so measure that! and what do ya get?

You are correct! That is where the measurement is taken from! I'm gonna see what i can come up with for ya.... But as AWK said jetting won't be that far off from a 34!

So wait a second, your saying I measured it correctly then? Or that I should have stuck em in deeper? And yes please see if you can uncover anymore info, thanks slick!

The OD is spot on 41mm... But now I'm confused again as to weather I measured it right or not on the ID? Even if the OD says it's a 33mm the inside doenst match up correctly right?

Wait I think I get it... Side "A" (engine side) should measure 41mm & side "B" (air boot connection) should measure 59mm! And both sides matched up perfectly ps-side "A" & "B" is measured by the OD. It has nothing to do with the ID in mm. So long story short and a lot of confusion cleared up. IT IS A 34mm PJ!!!!! Well I'm happy it got cleared up and I very pleased that I only paid $75 for it, dumbass eBay seller should learn how to take measurements before he starts selling items to the public. All in all I'm happy and can't wait to install my new carb :)

Wait I think I get it... Side "A" (engine side) should measure 41mm & side "B" (air boot connection) should measure 59mm! And both sides matched up perfectly ps-side "A" & "B" is measured by the OD. It has nothing to do with the ID in mm. So long story short and a lot of confusion cleared up. IT IS A 34mm PJ!!!!! Well I'm happy it got cleared up and I very pleased that I only paid $75 for it, dumbass eBay seller should learn how to take measurements before he starts selling items to the public. All in all I'm happy and can't wait to install my new carb :)

Hell ya! You got it! $75 isn't bad either!

If it's 41 mm it is a PJ 34 period! There is a PJ 34, 36, 38 only! check out that link!

Sorry I didnt see that post cause I was do some research too lol. But yes your 110% correct. Even though it's a 34mm PJ the inside diameter is 35mm... But that does not mean it is a 35mm PJ. I guess ya learn something new everyday lol. But in my defense I looked up how to measure my carb and all the results I found said to measure the ID and that's it. SLICKERTHENYOU to the rescue! Haha

slick to the rescue ha ????
i told you 45 posts ago it was a 34, and there was, never, ever, ever a 35mm pj, LOL

now let's go another 45 posts to get the jetting verified by someone else, again...LOL

45 pilot - airscrew under 2 turns out
"dgh" or "cel" needle on the middle clip
155 main, 162 in cooler months
is only a good starting point, verify everything with the air screw
"# turns out" to verify pilot, and plug chops for the mains

and don't be afraid to use cable tension to get it to idle right, thats how i do, fug that retarded choke knob idle adjustment

Last edited:
Uuhh ooh AWK's getting jealous! Lmao I'm just messing with man, I knew for a fact you were gonna say something in regards to that post since we have been talking about it for a while now. But seriously what should my jetting be?...... -kidding-