i need help

davisnor

Sep 17, 2014
Well I let my warrior run at idle for about an hour an when I came back out there was gas. Leaking from every where now I t doesn't want to start can some one please tell me what's wrong

Say can any one tell me why my warrior is leaking gas from the top end and the carburetor I let it run in idle for about an hour

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like its flooded bad, check the airbox and the oil level, prob a float problem

i'd agree with that, sounds like the floats are/were stuck open or at least leaking, and flooded the whole engine while you left it idling for an extended period.

btw.....you go take a nap or what ?
:)

I have owned 3 warriors and one thing you should not do is leave them idling for extended periods of time. They are an oil cooled engine that likes to run hot to begin with, and idling makes it 5x worse. To try and help with your carburetor problem, exactly what these guys said it is probably the float valve leaking

thats a really bad idea.....check the compression?
check spark plug,carb,air filter
we are dying to know why it was at idle for an hour

I just bought it used and I'm still learning to ride any way I can't ride in the roads so I figured I'd let I run at idle for a little while to make sure I hadn't bought a lemon any way by the time I went back out the carburetor the spark plug and the panel on the side of the engine at the top was spuin ggas

I really didn't think about that it was air cooled I'm hoping it's an easy fix

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what you consider easy. If it is the float which most likely it is. It would be fairley easy.

Check float height but if it sat forany time before you got it. It is most likely the needle and seat. You may need to replace them if you cant get them to clean and seat right.

For future reference it is hard on any engine to leave it sit and idle for an hour, even your car. Change the oil in it. You will prob see that it is very thin and there is way too much of it. Pull the plug and bump the starter once or twice, to help purge some of the gas. Be warned gas may go everywhere. Then let it sit and dry out for awhile. You should get some cheap oil and change it after the next 3 or so rides to help get the rest of that gas out of the bottom. A good carb clean x2 and set the floats and you should be good but it may pay to pick up a carb rebuild kit.

Thanks guys I got her back running I really appreciate the advice everyone offered I will never let it run in idle ever again