I don't know what this thing does...

Redline5th

Nov 20, 2012
Between my carb and reeds I've got a spacer with what looks like 4 venturi in it. It was on the wheeler when I got it. I know normally, a reed spacer is used to slow the intake charge so it's easier used at slower RPMs but having the 4 venturi-like holes would serve to speed up the charge so I'm not 100% sure what this could be. I don't have pics since the everything went back together before I could snap one. Anyone know what this is? It's anodized red and I didn't see a name stamped or cut on it and Google was no help.

Sounds like a reed cage to me! Spacers on blasters are used to space the carb from the clutch arm. I used one and didn't notice any difference in power at all be it infront of the reed cage or behind it, some say it moves the power band but I din't notice a difference at all!

At first glance, that's exactly what I thought it was. But I've never seen a spacer that was anything more than a block shaped ring moving the carb or reeds out. the venturi things are confusing me... it would appear that those are there to increase the velocity of the intake charge. I'll try to snap a pic or two... especially next time I tear it down.

You sure it's not the two piece V Force Reed cage?

003_zps1e12cf19.jpg

Nope, that's not what it is. Like I said, it's got 4 circular holes in that decrease in diameter like a velocity stack. Again, I'm assuming to speed up the intake charge. Looks like I'm going to have to rip this honky apart and snap some pics. So far it's got me guessing. I was able to track down that the piston and sleeve is an LA 240. Standard 72mm bore so it hasn't gone through any surgeries yet.