How to mount 400ex or 450r shocks perfectly!!

Blasterr

Jul 14, 2012
okay guys im gonna try to help some people out and get some rep, since i have none... Okay anyway there is pretty much no way to put a 400ex rear shock on and have no play at the top without using bushings. Ken Oconnor sells these bushings for 20 bucks. He will also throw in the bolts you need to fit in for 25. Ill put the link for that later. You will also have to drill out the bottom of the shock and ill post a video about that. So here we go! 400 EX bushings

okay guys im gonna try to help some people out and get some rep, since i have none... Okay anyway there is pretty much no way to put a 400ex rear shock on and have no play at the top without using bushings.

i mounted my 400ex shock just fine with no play without the bushings I:I

Im not trying to bust your balls blasterr but i was think about doin this an your post got me know closer to am i misssing a link i jus seee that you need buy a bushing set

Im not trying to bust your balls blasterr but i was think about doin this an your post got me know closer to am i misssing a link i jus seee that you need buy a bushing set

Yes KOR makes aluminum bushings to put on each side of the top mount, keeps the shock centered. You can use washers, but for $20 a professional mount I know will last- is worth it to me!

However you have to drill the bottom mount out to 12mm or 31/64, or 15/32! Then enjoy the soft cushion and feel! I:I

Yes KOR makes aluminum bushings to put on each side of the top mount, keeps the shock centered. You can use washers, but for $20 a professional mount I know will last- is worth it to me!

However you have to drill the bottom mount out to 12mm or 31/64, or 15/32! Then enjoy the soft cushion and feel! I:I

my bottom mount is the right size but the top mount is way too small

ok i was wrong both sizes were too small but im not going to buy any bushings im using a custom lowering kit i made to work with the 450r shock i moved the upper mount down an inch so it would clear the airbox and frame and and moved the lower shock mount down 2 or 3 in but it still not finished i have just mocked it up to see how i was going to make the actual lowering kit

ok i was wrong both sizes were too small but im not going to buy any bushings im using a custom lowering kit i made to work with the 450r shock i moved the upper mount down an inch so it would clear the airbox and frame and and moved the lower shock mount down 2 or 3 in but it still not finished i have just mocked it up to see how i was going to make the actual lowering kit

That's why ya need a different bolt for the top and a drill for the bottom! Lets see some pics of your lowering kit. I:I