How to change rear disc?

brakes or brake disc? all you gotta do is take off the right rear wheel, take the hub off, unbolt the disc and slide it off. reverse the process to install it.

well you can either unbolt the disk from the hub with the 4 short cap screws that hold it, and slide it off the axle with the wheel and wheel hub as well as caliper removed. OR you can take the whole thing off the axle, - slide the hub off the axle splines with the wheel hub and caliper removed.

you may battle to get the 4 bolts loose, you may need to chisel them off.

The way I like to do it is to unbolt the brake caliper, and move it aside then unclamp the thin clamps holding the rubber dust cover/seal to the brake rotor hub. Then remove the right side rear tire, remove the cotter pin on the hub, remove the hub, and slide the entire brake rotor/rotor hub off and put it in a vice with the bolts facing up. Then I use an allen wrench, and a socket extension and the smallest deep socket I can use to fit over the allen wrench and still be able to turn (adding a long easy to turn handle to the allen wrench). Then I force the allen bolts off, seperate the rotor from the rotor hub, put the new rotor on, add some blue locktite to the bolts, and tighten them back down in x pattern, corner to corner. Dont overtighten them. The locktite will keep them in place, but dont be a sissy either.

Then just installation is reverse of removal.

Last edited: