How should i fix my crankcase?

SU420

Jul 24, 2010
Stroudsburg
Cracked case.jpg
This is my crf250 not my blasty btw. I rode one day and the next day i went into the garage and oil was on the floor, so i put something under it to see if was still leaking. It was leaking at a slow rate, took 2-3 days for all the oil to get out.

Please give your opinons on how to repair this.

Sonebody correct me if I'm wrong but, I say clean it really good and weld it, and if you don't have a welder find a shop with a nice layout and VERY clean working space

If its a crack in the case in which it looks like, to do it right it needs to be ripped apart and welded. You can do a JB weld job on it for the time being if you dont want to do it the correct way.

You can do it the right way and replace the gasket or do the cheap but by cleaning the area real good and run a bead of RTV across the leaking area.

its not a gasket leak its the dent caused a tiny crack

if it's like the blaster then it is cast aluminum I think? Could be wrong about that but sicivicdude can weld it and clean it like new. That would be the right thing to do.

if it's like the blaster then it is cast aluminum I think? Could be wrong about that but sicivicdude can weld it and clean it like new. That would be the right thing to do.

Do you think the caseing will slide ride over the clutch basket?

Btw its only 120$ to get a new case, and i dont know any decent welders.Which option should i try?

Do you think the caseing will slide ride over the clutch basket?

Btw its only 120$ to get a new case, and i dont know any decent welders.Which option should i try?

I dunno if it will for sure, I kinda doubt it.

Sicivicdude will do it for a hell of a lot less, just PM him and ask him for a quote

Is that the clutch cover? If it is it should just pop right off. Clean it really, really good with brake clean or acetone and JB it inside and out, or see what SI will charge.

Sorry. Can't see the pic to good. Click to enlarge doesn't work well on my phone.

It's not just your phone.... I can't see too much on my computer either.

I'm doing a little digging right now to see whether it's aluminum alloy or magnesium. I know some of the side covers are magnesium but it appears the case halves are aluminum.

Can we get a better/clearer picture of the damage?

i will take into consideration of everyones opinion. btw its the clutch case not the 2 mains, or the cltuch cover.