How do you like where you live?

jlsparky7

Mar 26, 2007
Southeastern, Mi
Ive pretty much come to the end of my education and I need to start looking for a place to settle in to. So I just had a few questions for everyone about where they live. I live in southeastern michigan and pretty much my whole family is moving away. My sister moved to cali then NY. Bro is moving to SC soon and my dad is going to be moving out of state as well.

Where do you live?
What are 3 pros/cons about where you live?
Whats you Favorite thing about where you live?
What you reccomend someone moving to your city/state? (if so why?)
Any other info you would like to add.

Alaska is killer. And like skauch said snow is fun!!! I would kill to have a banshee in the snow. 3 Pros about Alaska are..... #1 Northern Lights, I dont know if they have them in canada but they are really cool. #2 Ive heard almost all of the tourists ive ever seen say that they love it here and that we have killer scenery #3 Theres alot of good people, if your ever stuck on a quad or in a truck someone will stop and help within 10 minutes tops (unless your in the middle of nowhere then your screwed). 3 cons about Alaska..... #1 there is alot of trash and garbage on the roadsides(but I always see people picking it up). #2 You wont be able to ride your street bike all year round. #3 along with the good people there are the bad people but most of the time if you are nice they are nice back. If you have any questions go ahead and ask.

what kind of job are you looking for. I know in my area a job that pays X per hour might be higher than another area.

jlsparky,

Take into concideration all things realative in your move. I would suggest putting a job at the top of your list. And then affordablity based on the pay scale of what your occupation will bring. Last but not least your extracaricular activites. Fun is a huge fator in life, so dont move somewhere that all three of these would cause some sort of conflict with one another.

I live in Nor. Cal San Francisco bay area.
I love it.
Pros.
Great weather most of the year
30 min too the ocean/surfing
3 hours too Tahoe for some snowboarding
3 hours too Pismo/Oceano Sand dunes
less than 1 hr too many ATV/dirtbike trail systems 3-4 that I can think of
3 major cities close by with 6 + pro sports teams in the area
concerts that go on nearly year around
great mountain biking less than 45 min away
Jobs are plenitfull and salaries are high
lakes and waterways are plentiful for wakeboarding/skiing

Cons
housing market is outragous
cost of living is higher
heavily populated

I live in NC, let's see some pro's would be

the temp never really get's below 40
the ocean is 3 hours away
an i can ride my quad on the side the road with no complaints for miles
Ohh an i live right on the lake so watersports deff a hell yea!

Con's would be.

Not enough hot gurls in my part
to many hunters trying to keep you off there land
once again not enough hott gurls.

Honestly don't have many bad things about where i live.

Wow, thanks for all the fast replies fellas. I thought this thread might flop but I appreciate all the support.

My job is the priority. My credentials are as follows. Firefighter 1&2, Haz-mat awareness, haz-mat operations, emt-basic, cpr/aed certified, emt paramedic, acls certified, pals (pediactric advanced life support) certified as well. So anywhere with a hospital/ambulance company/ or fire dept should be fine as long as they are hiring. Im looking to get into a fire department the most. If anyone has any tips or anything I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time. Feel free to add anything.

hu, fire department in the SF bay area, forget it. But I might be able to hook you up with a job at my company, We have an environmental helth services department that could use your skills. It's just a matter of weather or not we have an opening.

I just checked, nope we dont. Not right at the moment. and just FYI. Fire is so hard to get into in my area. I have had 3 friends trying for over 5 years now. Its just b/c were in an area with high demand for fire fighters and the pay is awsome.

i live in wisconsin

pros
hot chicks!
close to michigan so can go snowboarding
a good amount of quaders/dirtbikers
some ppl are friendly
lots of woods to ride in
pelentily fire departments looking for more ppl
nice seasons

cons
a little bit dirty
some mean jackasses
takes a while for it to snow/melt
not allowed to ride atv near road if i'm correct
police seem to harass quaders sometimes

Wow, thanks for all the fast replies fellas. I thought this thread might flop but I appreciate all the support.

My job is the priority. My credentials are as follows. Firefighter 1&2, Haz-mat awareness, haz-mat operations, emt-basic, cpr/aed certified, emt paramedic, acls certified, pals (pediactric advanced life support) certified as well. So anywhere with a hospital/ambulance company/ or fire dept should be fine as long as they are hiring. Im looking to get into a fire department the most. If anyone has any tips or anything I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time. Feel free to add anything.

I live in WA state. Your creds might also help you get on Boeing Co. Fire department, especially with haz-mat.

Pros of the NW: reasonable weather, year round riding although you might get a little wet.

All different kinds of riding terrain, and a host of outdoor activities including 4-wheeling, hiking, hunting.

Some good sized major employers, such as Boeing, Microsoft, Weyerhauser, Starbucks

Cons of the NW: Very liberal area, we are always fighting for our riding areas.

Fairly expensive housing, not as bad as CA, but ok if you move outskirts

Traffic sucks.