Honda civic ex top speed

Blaster#55

May 17, 2008
Vermont
I was wondering if my honda civic ex has a top speed govener or something. The reason for asking is when I am doing the top speed it stops a 105 mph when it shifts into its last gear. Its wierd because it gets to a 105 so qiuck then all the sudden stops increasing. I know I am dumb for doing a 105 in a car but we all do it in some part of are life. lol

105 isnt that fast first of all, and yes all cars have a speed limiter on most vehicles. the is programed into the computer of the car. Fastest that d.jackson and I got in our civic was 125. All depends on the type, and year of car. Even cars with the same kind of engine ie 2.2l may max out at different speeds.

Most street cars unless they are super cars or sport cars are going to top out right around 130 or 140. Even police inteceptor crown vics top out at 138-140.

dumb for doing it in a civic. why would it have a govener at 105. whata piece lol.

/hate on civics. they make me rage.

here youy go 89. Built by myself and fabb_3. Sold it about 2 years ago.

eg.jpg

^ good to know a bout the crown vics lol. they dont got sh*t. theres plenty of moded tuners that will top 140

edit: jackson, that pic just made me punch a hole in my wall.

My car has a speed sensor on the trans. Had to unplug the 5th gear sensor was all. It would limit the rpms so it would top about 120, now I can go about 145 redline if I want lol. Just look up speed sensor or something in a civic forum. Everyone that likes speed has done 105 lol.

lol as long as your distroying your own stuff!!!! common hondas are the blasters of the car world...small and fun to build up!!!

Yea crown vics arnt that fast but Chargers are and you cant out run this tool called a motorola or a helicopter.

unpluging the speed sensor messes with more stuff than just top speed. that helps the car know how fast the car is going which lets the car decide how much gas to burn so on and so fourth.

My car has a speed sensor on the trans. Had to unplug the 5th gear sensor was all. It would limit the rpms so it would top about 120, now I can go about 145 redline if I want lol. Just look up speed sensor or something in a civic forum.

My car redlines at 7000 rpms in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and it is a auto.

the auto could be hurting you a bit....most autos are 4 speed...manuals 5 speed...more gears you have the further you can wind out the engine and still get power to the wheels.

I'm thinking about droping in a b16 motor in it and having it converted into a standerd.

b16's are outdated motors, and swapping to manual is gonna cost more than the car is worth. if you really want a good swap, go with the k series.

My car is an 89 the speed sensor hasn't hurt anything in the 2 years ive had it unplugged, but every car is different. I dont think computers were as sophisticated back in 89. Now you try something on a new car, probably wont even start. Might as well post up a pic. I once was gonna get a civic and swap in a gsr.

CIMG0018.jpg