home made tracked vehical

thanks yeah i been working on it every night after work for a couple hrs tonight it gonna drill out the other side of the frame ive got them all marked just gotta go borrow my uncles drill press, i am thinking it should be pretty cool and different one of a kind when shes all done, hoping to get a roller by mid next week,

i wish that some day i could get a patented and start producing a couple that would be pretty cool, or i would be willing to help out others with info if they would like to build one as well

got quite a bit more progress tonight to the other side drilled, axles mocking up, i still gotta do some more fabing to get everything all lined up and put the two drive sprockets in a different place on the drive axle, but shes def coming together =]

FPm0502090031.jpg

FPm0502090032.jpg

FPm0502090033.jpg

FPm0502090034.jpg

FPm050209003.jpg

FPm0502090036.jpg

its a 30 tooth, i can go bigger if i want doesnt really matter i had them layng around but its the one taht runs from the jack shaft to that will have a 12T, then that jack shaft has the secondary snowmobile clutch, using a snowmobile belt it will run down to a smaller pulley on a jack shaft, and from that jack shaft i am goign to ru na 60T or 72T sproctet back to a 10 T sprocket on the engine so it should have a low gear ratio i'll figure it out here soon what the exact ratio is

heres the general idea of the drive train
drivetrainside.jpg

the 6.5 hp ohv engine i might buy for $120 if i run a really low gear ratio it should work and i might even use a couple speed tranny w/ reverse as well
65hpohv.jpg

Last edited:
got some more progress done, here's some more pics for ya guys
CPx0509090031.jpg

its pretty wide so i might make some longer hanger playes and tweak the front end so i have more ground clearance
CPx0509090032.jpg

CPx0509090033.jpg

CPx0509090036.jpg

CPx050909003.jpg

upper bearing axle plates
CPx0509090035.jpg

yeah its getting there i have been working on it when ever i get the chance to after school and work and its coming along pretty quick, just gotta get the idler wheels mounted, rear idler wheel adjuster assembly and work on the upper drive train

heres the type of peerless lawnmower tranny im looking for that has a vertical shaft and then a horizontal shaft that has a sprocket on it, they came in huffy, snappers and murray lawn mowers if you have one that you wana sell lmk i could use of for my tracked vehical

mowertranny.jpg

tranny.jpg

yeah lol actually i had a guy email me that has one for sale $35 shipped, but i am debating of using the vertical shaft engine with a gear box (like the one pictured) or use a horizontal 6.5 hp ohv from harbor freight which is cheaper and less things to go wrong with, so i will have to see, im working from the front drive assembly towards the the engine as far as order wise so i can get everything all lined up

got a honda 5.5 hp engine that needs the oil dipstick cover but i was told it runs for free from the local lawmower repair shop so i am going ot run the engine over to that 4 speed gear box =]
CPo0514090011.jpg

CPo0514090012.jpg

CPo0514090013.jpg

CPo051409001.jpg