Hi, have a quick question on my Diamond J etc

yamahonda

Jun 15, 2009
Hi everyone, im new to these forums, but a long time blaster owner. I recently Purchased a diamond J widening +6 kit and shock conversion. I already fabbed a yfz450 rear shock on and 400ex front shocks and they work pretty great, only problem that i found is that the gas was spewin out the overflow so i blocked that off, which i heard could be a very bad idea if it decides to go the other way into my crankcase, Just wondering if this has happened to you(the people who have done the shock conversions that is) The bike sits pretty level with the 400ex shocks up front, so i dont know why it's doing what its doing. Maybe the float isnt shutting all the way?

Also my other question, I have an old school HUGE right bend Dynoport pipe and silencer i bought off ebay used about 4 years ago, my question is... WHY on earth can i not installed my diamond J a-arm widening kit with this pipe, the left side's(when ur in front of the bike) Upper a-arm extension spacer just WONT clear with that pipe. This makes me pretty angry as i would now have to run a stock pipe just to use the kit. Something i would not have bought if i knew about earlier.. My engine is port and polished, milled head, carbon fiber reeds, wiseco pro lite piston, Oil block off kit etc, I wonder how much total power i would lose out on running the stock factory bend pipe with the dynoport silencer?

Anywho , thanks for the responses.

--Travis.

Lovely, I just had to have the only pipe that wouldn't work with it lawl. As far as the carb is concerned my uncle was saying maybe inside the carb's bowl, there's an arrow head shaped piece wasn't blocking the fuels flow when no throttle is given, which he said to bend some piece slightly in the carb. Knowing how my day has been today, I'm sure i would end of snapping something off in there if i attempted to bend anything. by the way, I heard your running a 450 rear shock, are you using a stock 26mm carb? And if so, did you have any gas leaking issue running that particular rear shock?

Thanks much.

Give you carb a good clean...sounds like the floats are not working properly. Raising the back end slightly with a rear shock is not going to effect it. If that was so every time you went up or down a hill your carb would pour gas out.

you need to clean the carb and potentially adjust the float valve. When you open the bowl you'll see the plastic floats that are on a hinge. When the float goes down, it pulls a needle that lets more gas into the bowl. The needle is attached to the floats with a hanger piece that pulls on a tab. Easily, and very slightly bend this tab with your fingers. This is how you adjust the float. Put it back together and it shouldn't leak fuel anymore.