Help with where to start on jetting a flatslide carb

ilike2fixit

Jun 8, 2013
So I purchased 2 blasters, one did not have a motor so it got parted out. Now I am working on getting the other together. I installed a brand new crank and top end. I just got the motor together and in the frame, but the guy I got it from had gotten rid of the stock carb and has a keihin flatslide carb. Right now it has a 142 main and a 56 pilot. I don't know if that sounds right or where I should go. Right now the things I have done to the blaster, running a k&n straight off the carb, reed spacers, I am pretty sure stock reeds, I cleaned up the transfer ports and polished the exhaust port, toomy b1 pipe and silencer. I have done a lot of mechanic work and know how to adjust jetting once I get it close, but I do not know where to start on the flatslide. Any help would be much appreciated!

Is it a PJ34mm? I did not know they made a 56 pilot jet. We run a 55 pilot and a 155 main at sea level, uni air filter, lid removed, ported cylinder, cut head, and +3 vitos crank. Hope this helps.

Is the K&N filter made of paper, if so you should not run it close to the carb as it may get wetted by the fuel blow back.

Foam type filters must be used in this application.