Help with reaching top gear

BEis

May 22, 2017
Guys. 10 years later I have my 01 Blaster running again. I did a full Tors Delete, carb clean, new chain, new voltage reg, oil.

I still have to replace my Petcock because I can only run it on Reserve now.

I had it at a good idle finally yesterday. And it was still boggin down after second gear.
After seeing some ideas on here I pulled the air filter cover under the seat and !! Back to running solid. Finally got to push a speed limit.

I still feel like it's 'maxing' out in 5th gear and at full throttle. Feel like there could be more there...

Any suggestion to help me get my top gear? New jet? Ext? I'm all stock right now too.

What sprockets and tire sizes you running?

A stock blaster should be able to pull through 6th gear easily.

I'm assuming when you say all stock that means stock motor, no bolt ons like pipes or anything, and stock carb jetting?

Jetting may come down to things like temperature where you ride, altitude, and any mods you've done.

Do you have a fairly new spark plug in? You can pick one up for like $2. Any time I have problems at all, I like to swap my plug for a new one because its a cheap and simple way to rule out one potential problem.

I'd try and get that fuel petcock fixed because it sounds like there may be something going on there that could be blocking good fuel flow.

Everything is stock. Yeah the plug is brand new too.

I just feel like when I get into sixth gear there should be more power there but it seems to no be drawing much more...

Fix the petcock problem! Flow (volume ) is restricted and a new inline filter . Peace!

Eliminate ALL possibilities first!!
Fix what needs to be fixed.
Removing the lid and now it runs better, tells us that there is still an issue with fuel/air/delivery somewhere. Usually removing the lid would need a increase in main jet size, Check that your filter is clean.

Now start checking for any drag . Wheels, brakes, chain, ALL axle/wheel bearings.