Help on a 03 blaster rebuild!!!!

BlasterChris08

Sep 25, 2008
Rhode Island
First I took it apart and i am having a very tough time taking the pin/bolt holding the engine and swingarm together so i can paint the frame any suggestions?

I just traded my 2004 Honda Recon 250 for a 03 blaster. Ive had it about a month and two weeks ago I took it up to maine to ride in some dunes. we were riding for about an hour and a half or so and my atv stalled pretty much......I thought it was overheated so i let it cool down for 10 minutes but when I got back on it to start it the kick start was locked up!!! I was told it seized and had been wanting to repaint the frame anyway so i took it apart and now have the engine out. Itook it to a few places and they all have said i needed to rebuild the top end because the cyl. is fine still. One guy told me(who id get it rebuilt from if i had to) told me i need a new crankshaft assembly, new main bearings, a new gasket kit, a new piston and top end bearing that came to 425 in just parts. Then another 165 in labor!!! to a total of 590 to get this back running. What should i do....please help me out man!!

did it have any trans oil in it??

if it had some in it then ur crank is okay

all you need for a topend rebuild is to get the cylinder bored a little (.20 over should do it)
and a new piston and bearing. which should come to about $150

if you are taking this bolt out the way I did it i just took a extension from a ratchet and a hammer and beat it out untill it was halfway throught than when I got it half way through I took a pipe wrench and tightendit down on the bolt hanging out on the other side and hit the tightend wrench untill it came all the way out

In response to nbutler yes it did have trnsmission oil in it but it is not the top end thats messed up cause i cant push the piston down at all and the cylinder is fine i think. any other ideas?? In response to non point 86 i already tried hitting the bolt that holds the engine and swingarm together at one end and turning at the other end its stuck there

clamp a pipe wrench on the bolt, the end thats sticking out and take your hammer and hit that wrench and it will come out or have some one jerk up and down on the swing arm while you do this that sometimes helps

ok if it can move front to back but not up and down, ur rod bearing is shot.

if nothing moves at all..either ur crank is bad or ur crank and rod bearings are bad.

just tell me if the piston moves any direction at all and i can tell u what it is