HELP HIGH REV any ideas???

frankysteele357

Mar 6, 2011
Hey guys i have a 2003 blaster i got it about 3 or 4 months ago. it worked fine for a few months untill one day i had ran it out of gas, and the next day i fill it up, pull the choke and go to start it and it revs up REALLY high! when i push the choke back in it kills it right then and there.... and will not start in the choke off position at all.... any ideas at all on what this may be??

It shouldn't start with the choke off, unless it's already warm or super Rich. I would clean the carb completely, do an airleak test, compression test, and report back.

i'm betin takin that carb apart will show your problem, when you run a 2 stroke out of gas it can hang your rpm's up high as a lean condition, after refilling it with gas maybe you've got some gunk out of the bottom of your tank in your carb causing this low flow lean condition, that would be my first bet is to clean that carb all up and make sure you've got a clean tank since it's empty anyways you might as well do a little flushing of that tank, don't want that lean high R hang to happen when your riding