HELP!! Clutch Problem...

Mschramm08

Jul 1, 2012
I noticed when I put the quad in gear and pull the clutch (not running) it doesn't disengage. I can see that the clutch cable is pulling the clutch lever on the engine itself but it's not disengaging...the bike wont roll freely like I think it should...

I hav the oil drained and clutch cover off, how do you tell if clutch plates are bad or not? Or maybe need to adjust clutch lever??? Help me out I'm new to this

Thanks

I noticed when I put the quad in gear and pull the clutch (not running) it doesn't disengage. I can see that the clutch cable is pulling the clutch lever on the engine itself but it's not disengaging...the bike wont roll freely like I think it should...

I hav the oil drained and clutch cover off, how do you tell if clutch plates are bad or not? Or maybe need to adjust clutch lever??? Help me out I'm new to this

Thanks

its normal. mine does it too. best thing to do is replace the oil, and tighten the cable a little. just rember that the cable needs a little slack in it to work properly and not slip.

whats happening is that on the clutch basket, from the clutch pads constantly being rotated, the create groves on the basket in which the friction and steel plates grip too. when u pull the clutch in, it loosens the plates and dosent allow them to touch, but when the groves are there, the plates are only allowed to move very very little, so there is still friction going on between the plates even when the clutch is fully pulled in. best thing to do to help that is replace oil, and grind down the groves on the basket with a flat or bastard file. just make sure u dont do too much, other wise u can realy f*^# up the clutch.