Help! 06 Blaster won’t run properly in gear.

Tattoo blaster

Sep 17, 2024
Got an 06 blaster on trade, no compression. Changed top end, runs great at idle and while revving in neutral. Once it’s put in gear it will run and ride but max’s out around 3mph or so and bogs when you try to go full throttle but will continue to putt putt along and will shift through gears normally. Just has no power past about a quarter inch of pushing the thumb throttle. I’ve cleaned the carb numerous times and upgraded jets in carb, cleaned tank and fuel lever, installed new upgraded reeds, new full top end, new spark plug.. messed around with the choke and fuel valve lever in all different configurations and finally got a few moments of decent power in third gear with the choke on but it was short lived and flooded out or something and killed. Ordered a new carb and will eliminate TORS system with the new carb. Fingers crossed it fixes whatever my issue is. It seems to be some sort of fuel delivery problem but I can’t seem to get it figured out. If anyone can help, please let me know!

Got an 06 blaster on trade, no compression. Changed top end, runs great at idle and while revving in neutral. Once it’s put in gear it will run and ride but max’s out around 3mph or so and bogs when you try to go full throttle but will continue to putt putt along and will shift through gears normally. Just has no power past about a quarter inch of pushing the thumb throttle. I’ve cleaned the carb numerous times and upgraded jets in carb, cleaned tank and fuel lever, installed new upgraded reeds, new full top end, new spark plug.. messed around with the choke and fuel valve lever in all different configurations and finally got a few moments of decent power in third gear with the choke on but it was short lived and flooded out or something and killed. Ordered a new carb and will eliminate TORS system with the new carb. Fingers crossed it fixes whatever my issue is. It seems to be some sort of fuel delivery problem but I can’t seem to get it figured out. If anyone can help, please let me know!
I would t use a Chinese carb. OEM Mikuni only otherwise you’ll most likely never run right. Is it the oem carb on it now? If so, you can buy a TORS delete kit. This is probably your issue. I’d start there at least

Also, you need to leak test the engine. Probably should actually be #1 on your priority list