helmet cam anybody use one?

killer454

Aug 2, 2010
im thinking about buying a helmet cam so i can record all the trail rides me and my freinds go on every weekend.is their anybody here that uses one,im wanting to know what kind you use and how well it performs.

im thinking of buying this one off e-bay but i thought i would ask my blaster buddies on here first to get an idea on what you guys use.

Oregon Scientific ATC5K Helmet Camera Cam ATC-5K (4GB) - eBay (item 290327020201 end time Sep-18-10 18:14:09 PDT)

thanks for the help,please post what brand and modle and how it performs
thanks again for the help.I:I

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a go pro camera and i love the thing. Sound and picture are great

i just have the regular version but you can also get the hd. but i would suggest getting a memory card because with out it you cant record much at all
reg quality
Go Pro Motorcycle Helmet Cam On-Board Video Camera NEW: eBay Motors (item 290452725823 end time Oct-07-10 08:19:29 PDT)
hd quality
NEW GO PRO HELMET CAM CAMERA HD NEW MODEL FREE SHIP!: eBay Motors (item 280559463695 end time Oct-07-10 19:52:32 PDT)

the vid is taken with the reg quality camera

Deff get a go pro HD don't waste your money on the cheaper crap.
I bought a "epic cam sports action" helmet cam and its the biggest waste of money ever. If I would have spent a little more I could have a go pro.

My digital camera has threads on the bottom of it, so I found a bolt that fits it, put the bolt up through the top of my helmet, and screw the camera on.

Home made. works great. yet to get any good videos though.

I second the HD go pro. Here's a sample of what I've recorded with it:

Remember to set it to 1080p

You can't beat the value of it and it works as described. Although, if your computer is on the slow side, you may want to get the regular go pro. Editing HD video is very demanding on a pc.

thanks guys im going pro,the hd is the best im going to spend the extra money and go pro.

i am so glad i posted for advice on here before i bought one,i almost bought that oregon one i am glad i didnt buy it.

thanks for all the advice,i am going to buy the go pro one

thanks thanks thanks for setting me streight on this

Just for reference heres why you don't spend $110 on a crappy helmet cam...... it sucks!!! It didn't even come with good mounting hardware, you have to pay extra! :eek: I have to tape it to the top of my helmet so the damn thing points down no matter what I do.

Glad we could help, I've learned from my mistake... you get what you pay for in the end.