hello from Indiana

First things first though....Ive got to get me a leak tester. I saw one memeber sells some he builds but I have a vacuum pump and can get the rest. Then I'll experiment with the plug chopping, which is pretty cool and something ive never heard of until I joined. Best decision Ive made since getting the quad.

The one in my Sig is a +4mm crank, ported 240 motor. It was built by Ken Occonor racing and it rips. I love when people say "What is that?" Doesn't even look like a blaster anymore. You can transform it into anything you want. A blaster is the cheapest bike to mod.

I'm happy to hear your going to do those tests first and then ride. It will save you a lot of cash in the long run.

I know im jumping the gun here because I havent searched on it but did strokin the extra 4mm help much? That is a badass looking bike! If i may ask, how much do you think you have wrapped up in it?

The thing I worry about is: i hear about these two strokes having to be rebuilt a bunch top end wise. How often can I expect to tear it apart for R&R ?

The 4mm makes a big difference. Porting and head mod is the best bang for your buck.

I think I have around 7,000 in my blaster. This has been done over the last 3 years. There is literally nothing else I can do to the bike. It is just about fully modded.

If you take care of the motor it will last a couple years. Take really good care and it will last longer. Use good premix, monitor jetting, and clean air filter. When it is time for a rebuild it will be less than $200. That's what is awesome about 2 strokes. Do a couple mods and you will absolutely love it. Especially when you go out there and SMOKE 400cc 4 pokes.

sounds good. Ill start looking into some stuff ( +4mm stroker kit and Oconnor porting/milling the head ) and add it to my wishlist but I might see if my father in law can take the head to his machine shop where he works.

You don't want to do that. When you put a stroker crank in the head has to be cut to very tight tolerances. Best to send it to the blester master (KOR)

whats the best exhaust for these ole blastys ? Yep, newb question for both 2 strokes and the blaster

Im off to bed though...gotta direct freaking traffic in 5 hours...yay....

ALSO...disregard what I said about my father in law...Ill leave it up to the pros lol

Depends on what type of riding you do and what you plan to do to the motor. If I were you I would get it running first. Pick a pipe that will benefit you the most. Clean and jet the carb, remove tors, upgrade reeds, uni air filter and remove lid, DIY +4 timing advance. That will get it going good. Then you can mod from there. You will want to widen it some. Depending on budget this could mean $60 in spacers or spacers and aftermarket a arms for $400.

Everyone has their own favorite exhaust. Mine happens to be DMC Allien. Alot of guys run FMF, Toomey's, F7's. DG is about the least popular. Its really a matter of preference, and where your looking for power gains across the band.