having trouble tuning

dakota.perrin

Apr 25, 2012
Ok long story super short recent complete build. got put together started right up. runs but have to adjust throttle cable to about 1/2 throttle to idle. If i adjust the air fuel ratio screw to stock throttle response is super sluggish, got it to act almost right by adjusting the air screw out to almost falling out. ive been through the complete electrical system thinking it might be something with the spark. I also have a advance timing degree key in it. Any help would be appreciated. i ordered a jet kit hoping that will fix it because its bored out .80 over fmf exhaust and vforce reeds and uni filter.

im confused
is the profile pic your quad??
it is a small pic,but it does not look like a fmf pipe
ALSO IT LOOKS LIKE A 4 STROKE?
either im loosing it or..............

what year is your quad:)

Last edited:
so what quad are we talking about???

dakota perrin warrior1.jpg

Last edited:
Idle speed adjustment.

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

If the air screw is nearly all the way out you are either have an incorrect float adjustment, a flooding carb or a too large a pilot jet!