Gotta love Blaster Forum

deeeebeeeeee

Aug 20, 2015
Rossville, Ga
I need to know where to go to get info for my blaster if the info can't be found here on BF. Maybe you could raid the designers, engineers and manufacturers , archives?

Seriously, I have found nearly every answer to my blaster questions here, as well as answers and fixes for problems I was unaware of.
Since getting my Blaster, I have found every manual, jetting info, airleak info (never hear of that with 4 strokes) and a tester for 1/4 of what they cost elsewhere, as well as a ton of tips and tricks.

Here is where I learned about turning my rims over to gain 1.5" per side on the front and 1" per side rear.
How to convert to hyro brakes as well as the least expensive rear hydro kits on the net.
400ex shock mod thanks Ken for getting the conversion bushings out to me so quickly arrived at my house in around 48 hours:eek:
How to fix my cable brakes. Got them working strong now front and rear.
TORS delete
Auto oiler delete for free or spend $10 for the block off and make money selling your oil pump, gear, and tank. Or you can use the tank to carry spare fuel or whatever you want.
Timing mod for the cost of a flywheel puller or free if you already have one.
How to raise your bars 1.5", for free or the cost of eBay handlebar clamps.
Shift star mod
All the banshee parts that fit the blaster.

Ken O'Connor's videos are invaluable.
They sparked my interest in porting am now learning to port, and am just weeks away from lighting a fire in my own self ported cylinder.
Taught me not only the right way to assemble a motor, but the easy way. I literally dropped a main bearing in, it hit home with a clink, 15 minutes later when everything cooled, I got to find the right size hunk of steel, so I can literally slap the cases together.
Plus all the other vids detailing the order of parts ,washers and bushings, other tips and tricks, as well as all the vids that outline exactly how a particular process works, so you will know whats happening when you send off the KOR for work, or how to do it yourself if you have access to the proper tools and the skills to run them.

Thanks to everyone who contributes here and makes this a better place.

a 1-7/8" or 2" trailer hitch ball works perfect !
Dang AWK that's perfect, I never thought of that

I finally broke down and got oxygen for my torch set. I have seen portable Oxy/ Acetylene torches which are awesome but a bit much for the home garage.

Last year at a flea market I picked up little torch wand with a little handle the size of a kids tri-cycle grip then a 30° bend and a pencil size extension with a straight tip on the end. It has 30" hoses and two connections one for Oxygen (which it wont work w/o) and one for propane or map gas.
It doesn't have an enrichment trigger like a regulations cutting torch, but can be adjusted to an where from not much hotter than a big lighter, to standard torch temp to a super hot blue white flame.
I tested the hot flame on some aluminum cuttings to see if I could melt them into a blob, which I could have but it was set too high and too hot and almost immediately burnt off the Aluminum in a shower of sparks leaving behind a gray black ash.

Talk about some power. Mwaa haha ha ha

Last edited:
I think thats the small torches used for doing silver solder for plumbing

I think thats the small torches used for doing silver solder for plumbing

Ok, I always used straight map gas for plumbing. I had never seen one of these before, they probably had to quit selling them to John Q Public because they would get hot enough to melt metal. Lol, I like it tho. Except for the fact that a standard torch tank isn't strong enough (nor is a single stage regulator) to hold oxygen in its liquid form, so the oxy tank doesn't hold much and only as a compressed gas. But no more than I use it i don't mind having to reach back to turn the oxy up to cut and down to heat. And certainly cheaper and lighter than a portable oxy acetylene torch, not as useful or as hot.

I know exactly of that small torch set your talking about. Years ago My brother and myself had a set like that, only to have it stolen out of our garage!

It was handy, that's for sure.