Got a miss and cant figure the problem

little hanging idle yes absolutely.
air fuel ratio is off as it seems......
plus i see 2 stroke oil in tank at rear fender sooo
probably is mixing itself and you are adding more mix to the tank:)
it is one or the other not both
i cant see carb or you pinning it in anygear.
i think you can check if oil injection is working by holding carb in your hand and rotating engine somehow
and watching oil being injected into carb?
i dont see alot of smoke but pic one, either oil injection or pre-mix not both.

if i can find or explain it better to you i will or just search through threads /links i only got so much energy:D

i would say it's a low end bog. Could be something small.

1. You NEED to do a compression test. Anything less then 100-110 PSI is time for a rebuild.

2. You changed out your main jet, but what about pilot and needle?

3. Video also makes it sound as tho there's a hanging idle when you let off the gas. Do you have your bike set to a high idle? Or on the slower idle speed side?

I got it set kinda hi i cant find my idle screw to tone it down a bit thats just from tweakin the carb a lil dont have it perfect yet ive replace the plug and the risistor it still missing how much u think itll cost to get a compression test done i dont have the gauges to do it

1. You NEED to do a compression test. Anything less then 100-110 PSI is time for a rebuild.

3. Video also makes it sound as tho there's a hanging idle when you let off the gas. Do you have your bike set to a high idle? Or on the slower idle speed side?

I got it set kinda hi with the fuel air screw i cant find my idle screw to tone it down a bit thats just from tweakin the carb a lil dont have it perfect yet ive replace the plug and the risistor it still missing how much u think itll cost to get a compression test done i dont have the gauges to do it

Also what size pilot u think i would need to go to and i was told that i didnt have to mess with the needle cause theirs not a whole lot done to the atv just fmf exhaust and fatty pipe

i was told that i didnt have to mess with the needle cause theirs not a whole lot done to the atv just fmf exhaust and fatty pipe

Pilot jet controls from off idle into about 1/8th - 1/4th throttle. The air screw fine tunes it throughout the range. Your video makes it sound lean and hurting for fuel. Turn your air screw all the way to the right. That's fully seated. Turn it out 2 full turns to the left and start there.

Whoever told you not to mess with the needle was correct/incorrect. Mods are not the only thing that plays a part in dialing in your carb. Temps, elevation, humidity, and a few other things come into play.

You can buy a compression test for autozone, O'rielies, sears, or any good hardware shop. Make sure you get a tester that has the same amount of thereads on it to screw into the spark plug hole as a spark plug does. If it doesn't fully seat, it could throw off your readings.

A tester shouldn't cost more then $20-$40

I got it set kinda hi i cant find my idle screw to tone it down a bit thats just from tweakin the carb a lil dont have it perfect yet ive replace the plug and the risistor it still missing how much u think itll cost to get a compression test done i dont have the gauges to do it

idle screw is under the seat on stock carb
if the top cover has been replaced then
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-and-idle-screw-install.22174/
it has been drilled tapped right next to your airscrew/in between choke and airscrew lol
if that is what you meant?
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/
carb plus idle 1 1 2 big 1 1 1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys i think i figured out what it is when i took my carb off and took the mainjet off i blew it off with carb cleaner and didnt relize that their was a washer under the main jet with that not being their woild it make it miss

Pilot jet controls from off idle into about 1/8th - 1/4th throttle. The air screw fine tunes it throughout the range. Your video makes it sound lean and hurting for fuel. Turn your air screw all the way to the right. That's fully seated. Turn it out 2 full turns to the left and start there.

Whoever told you not to mess with the needle was correct/incorrect. Mods are not the only thing that plays a part in dialing in your carb. Temps, elevation, humidity, and a few other things come

If i turn it any further then what it is now the rpms r way to high do u think without that washer uner the main jet it woild make it run like that

Sobi put that washer back in the carb and she runnin a hell of alot better im trying to figure out how to tune it right i got the airgas screw 1 1/2 turns out what do i put the big screw at thar right in tge middle of the screw i tighted it and opend just a little but i can tell its not right

I gor my carb put back on washer back in and shes running good but i got a hanging idle i cant get red of ive tweeked and tweeked and ither i am not doing it right or their something else wrong with it ive been hearing a tap in the top end and for some reason a rumble in my feet everynow and then it comes and goes has this happened to anyone else

Video it and post it on here.
If i could i woild i dont have photobucket or anything to transfer it on here i can put it on my facebook and hope that u all will look their once i adjust the needle today i will put video up on their and if u want to look thats up to u id take any pointers from anyone if they think they no what it could be im pretty sure it just the needle feeding it to much gas thats givin me my hanging idle and it the tap and rumbling ill try to catch those on video too at the same time i will mention it in vid if i do hear it

If i could i woild i dont have photobucket or anything to transfer it on here i can put it on my facebook and hope that u all will look their once i adjust the needle today i will put video up on their and if u want to look thats up to u id take any pointers from anyone if they think they no what it could be im pretty sure it just the needle feeding it to much gas thats givin me my hanging idle and it the tap and rumbling ill try to catch those on video too at the same time i will mention it in vid if i do hear it
I appreciate the help everyone

Throw it on FB. Is the expansion chamber bolts loose? A weak bolt will send a rumble through the foot pegs.

But then again, so will a couple other big things.