Goggle Tear Offs Question

wwholden

Nov 17, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
This Sunday is going to be my first IXCR race ever. I heard the trails can get pretty muddy and I should get tear off lenses. Well I waited too long to see if my local dealer carries my goggles (Fox Main) tear offs. They dont :( They do however have Oakley tear offs. My question is would I be able to use the the Oakleys on my Fox goggles. Or could I do a little cutting to get them to fit. I have no experience with tear offs so please fill me in.

Or if not, anyone know of a good way to keep the lenses clean without pulling over and costing me lap time?

I don't know if the Oakley tear offs are the same, but I doubt it. What you really need is a film canister system, which is what I use. You can get a lense for tear offs AND film. I use 2 tear offs for the first turn and then use the film canister for the rest of the race, it works GREAT.

My goggles (a little dirty)

IMG_7619.jpg

For anyone else who needs the info. The Oakley O Frame tear offs do fit the Fox Main goggles. The mounting holes match up perfect. The Oakley tear offs are just a little more rounded off so it's not a perfect fit but they will do the job if you need tear offs ASAP for a race.