Genuine Yamaha Fasteners from snowmobiles

where do you get your fasteners when you need them?

• metric hardware kits(ebay, McMaster Carr)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

garbuttjr123

Feb 8, 2014
OK, I may have this posted in the wrong location, so please feel free to move it if it doesn't belong.

Long story short(I promise).
I baught a wrecked 2000 Yamaha Venture snowmobile from a guy, wrecked, and parted it out and sold the stuff on ebay a while back. One thing I had tons of poeple ask me for(that I wouldn't sell) were all the fasteners. I wanted to keep them all, as I work on a lot of Jap stuff and those metric bolts & nuts are kinda expensive and come in handy when you have a large stash of different sizes & shapes...

The reson I am writing this thread is not only because you can go online & buy bolts from poeple who have parted out metric stuff. Sure, most know that. But, the snowmobile I parted, every nut and bolt had a BLACK rust-proof coating on them(not sure if they are anodized or black chrome or black zinc...). These are GREAT! I have used them for tons of projects, and because they were from a snowmobile, they are not all greasy and dirty with mud & baked on grease.
BEST OF ALL, THEY ARE FACTORY YAMAHA PARTS! So you don't have to worry about being carefull with torque, like some inferior bolts.

I used to get my metric stuff from McMaster Carr, and they're stuff was great. But got expensive after awile and never seamed to have the "right" size.
So I guess what I am suggesting is to go out & getting a box of leftover fastenerss from someone who parted out a yamaha snowmobile, if you need extras. I know next time my bolt-stash starts running low, that's what I'll be doing.

I have attached a few pics. One of an example of the coating on the bar adaptor bolts, and the rest of the mildly damaged snowmobile I parted.
I actually paid less for this sled than some guys on ebay are selling lftover fasteners for($50)....
I will grab a few pics of more leftover bolts I have tonight to show more of the coating.

Any thaughts?

Attachments

• ebay 176.jpg
    ebay 176.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 293
  • pics 047.jpg
    pics 047.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 272
  • pics 048.jpg
    pics 048.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 286
  • pics 046.jpg
    pics 046.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 273
  • pics 051.jpg
    pics 051.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: Awk08
I have a better chance on telling you what nut or bolt came from what and where and fits this or that than telling you what size it is..:confused: Depending on the situation I would use all 3 options.. A good idea is a few of those cheap assortment boxes the see through ones in different sizes. Makes matching up nuts and bolts easy..