gas leaking

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
I just bought a blaster and was wondering if anyone could help me out? So on the back of my carb there is a fuel line (I would guess) and it leads to nothing and gas just pours out. I was wondering of it was supposed to be connected to anything or not?. It is 8th the dead center of the back of my carburetor

I know this may sound unintelligent but I am new to atvs, but how would I adjust this? Thanks :D

I wouldn't touch the drain unless necessary. If it is leaking from the drain, with petcock off , turn CCW a bit so any dirt can flow out. Then tighten clockwise until snug. DO NOT King Kong it.

I wouldn't touch the drain unless necessary. If it is leaking from the drain, with petcock off , turn CCW a bit so any dirt can flow out. Then tighten clockwise until snug. DO NOT King Kong it....I am sorry larrY but I am new to all this stuff and have no idea what you just said

The drain also acts as an overflow, if the float is set wrong or there is dirt or a varnish buildup in the needle and seat assembly the excess fuel will flow out of the drain.

If you see the tube at 45 deg it drains the excess fuel from the float bowl in cases of flooding.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bummer981
On my carb there are two inlets on the right side of the carb ... One I believe was for the oil injection system which has been eliminated and the other has no hose on it and when I was removing the carb gas came pouring out I assume it's an over flow? Any links to diagrams on the mikuni vm29 which is what I believe is on my 03 blaster

On my carb there are two inlets on the right side of the carb ... One I believe was for the oil injection system which has been eliminated and the other has no hose on it and when I was removing the carb gas came pouring out I assume it's an over flow? Any links to diagrams on the mikuni vm29 which is what I believe is on my 03 blaster

yep overflow, should have a short hose on it that runs down and goes thru a little eyelet on the rear bowl screws that hold it in place, it extends just below the bowl to free air