front shocks?

They won't work with the stock a arms. You ether need the longer aftermarket a arms or get the widening kit that they sell on eBay .

You can make/buy a kit to raise the top shock mount which will allow YFZ shocks onto the stock a-arms BUT the YFZ shocks are super stiff like that. Probably be OK if a gorilla wants to ride your blaster.

i run yfz's with no mods, they sit the fron up a bit, they had to be compressed a lil to get the bolt in, but ride fine, a lil stiff, but thats good cause i'm a crazy MO-FO

i run yfz's with no mods, they sit the fron up a bit, they had to be compressed a lil to get the bolt in, but ride fine, a lil stiff, but thats good cause i'm a crazy MO-FO

So you have no sag at all? That mush be a ruff ride.For best ride, you want it set up so when your sitting on it the a arms are close to the middle of the full up and down travel.

So you have no sag at all? That mush be a ruff ride.For best ride, you want it set up so when your sitting on it the a arms are close to the middle of the full up and down travel.

it has about 2" of sag, i have the preload and stuff all soft as it can go, it rides suprisingly well, haha

hey has anybody tried a set of those new yfz-X trail model version of the shocks , i read in all the ads it says they are narrower using narrower a arms and shorter length shocks????

EDIT; just seen they measure 17" eye to eye on the new 450x model

Please keep an aye out on those ball joints.They are under alot of stress with that setup on stock arms and will eventually blow out on you if you don't watch them.

To the OP:
A decent set of used works shocks are about the same price as yfz shocks.Keep an eye out on a set of works and don't look back.Unless you plan on getting extended arms in the near future.

They are great shocks.You can get them used just keep an eye out for a good deal.A good deal IMO would be $150-200.It also depends on what you want and your rider weight.I run a few different types,triple rates w rez,dual rate w/ rex,single rate w/rez,dual rate no rez,etc etc all valved for my weight.Just keep an eye out and try to get someone honest.be patient and you will find a good deal on them.

Please keep an aye out on those ball joints.They are under alot of stress with that setup on stock arms and will eventually blow out on you if you don't watch them.

To the OP:
A decent set of used works shocks are about the same price as yfz shocks.Keep an eye out on a set of works and don't look back.Unless you plan on getting extended arms in the near future.

i moved my shocks to the second mounts that i have on my arms, i like it more this way, this winter i plan to get some plus 3's

Last edited:

it has about 2" of sag, i have the preload and stuff all soft as it can go, it rides suprisingly well, haha

i moved my shocks to the second mounts that i have on my arms, i like it more this way, this winter i plan to get some plus 3's

So you had to add a bracket on those a-arms or just drill new holes??From what you posted I took it as you said no mods to make these work.Makes sense if you can move them out a bit to help relieve the stress but I don't think that will give you enough without changing the shock angle to much.I am curious to know.Either way ride em hard.lol