Front brake cam lever position

tbrooks

Sep 24, 2013
NC mtns
Ok so I'm finally getting my quad back together. Going by the book and I got the front end all together and go to install the brakes. That's when I read that I'm supposed to make a mark before disassembly in order to line my cam lever back up... ooops! Any thoughts or ideas on how I should line this guy back up or am I just gonna have to do trial and error. BTW I didn't get new pads on the front, they had close to an 1/8 inch left but I do have all new cables.

I've adjusted the cam lever on the splines for pad wear and cable stretch.
You'll just have to do trail and error until you get it set for your new cables and worn pads.

They are fun. I started with the levers as far out as possible towards the front of the bike. Not to far to where your cable won't reach. Just make sure both sides are the same on the cam so they pull evenly. You can pull the lever back by hand and see how far it moves until contact with the pad. Just play around with it. Put them on the spindles and tighten everything up. Adjust the wing nut the same on each side. Make adjustment at perch for desired feel. You'll have to mess around with them but you'll get it.