FMF Power Core 2 set up

TrailBlaster101

Jul 21, 2024
Pennsylvania
Just bought this 2005 yfs200tw last night. Leaking fuel from the carb. Figured it’s probably due for a new carb. The engine is bored 60 over. Has auto oil injection. Question is do I need a aftermarket carb? Or can I buy stock? I’m an HVAC tech, but I’ve worked on all my own vehicles for as long as I can remember. I’m very mechanically inclined. But never owned anything with a carb. Except a Maxim 550 a long time ago. And that I just replaced the stock carb. Any suggestions. All help is appreciated.

Welcome aboard

As to the carb question, I would recommend disabling the TORS system (lots of info here on how to do it with your newer Blaster) and replacing the stock carb with a GENUINE Keihin PWK28. Chinesium carbs, some have reportedly worked ok, others not so much. Stick with the real McCoy. Searching for OEM carbs for KTM, Kawi, Honda, and Suzuki 85 and 100cc dirt bikes should meet you results. Don't be fooled by Chinesium knock-offs.

As to mounting up the PWK28, it will fit in the stock reedvalve intake bolt, but the air is side boot will be a challenge. I managed to massage my daughters Blaster airbox bolt onto the PWK but it wasn't easy. Some folks rig up an adapter. Either way, the PWK28 is a great carb to upgrade the Blaster and will support a stock to moderately modded engine. Also, Keihin PWK carbs are well known to be very good carbs that are easy to tune in and respond well to adjustment. I'm very happy with ours. I also run the bigger PWKs on my pair of ATC250Rs, only carb I might try other than those is Lectron but I haven't taken the plunge yet.