Fmf gnarly

noid

Jun 13, 2008
So whos seen a fmf gnarly pipe for the blaster? I have one on mine. They seem really rare these days now that they havent produced them for a while. Cant even find them on ebay.

Id also like to say hi! Just joined here. Iv had my 1992 blaster for a good 2-3 years now but unfortunately had to store it outside over the winter here in Ontario Canada :( Needless to say... where the powder coating had rubbed off it rusted. Only surface rust, right now i had the frame completely off of everything and will most likely get it sandblasted and powder coated again.

This was her when i got her (in her prime)
DSCN2924.jpg

DSCN2923.jpg

Not me in the picture:
DSCN2922.jpg

Luckily i toke the motor out before i stored it outside. So the motor is still good and i have just ordered a new gasket kit and clutch for it.

Its sad to see something so nice get rusted. Its like cancer... no one likes cancer.

Ill try to get some pictures for you guys if wanted.

nice blaster, that fmf gnarly is pretty cool, ive got one on my yz250 and i love it lol when did they stop making them for the blaster?

A long long time ago. They were the true "gold series" pipes; because they actually turn gold, unlike the new pipes.

They stopped producing them in the early 90's from what i recall. This one is in great shape because its been taken care of and not used to much. However back then the pipes actually turned gold... thats where the name "gold series" came from that you see on the new pipes which actually don't turn gold anymore. The gnarly's were/are still known to have the broadest power range of any pipe ever made.