Flywheel removal Help!

spittflamz

May 9, 2009
jersey shore
www.myspace.com
i got my flywheel puller and i was goin to do the timing advance.so 5 minutes ago i took off the cover and i cant get the nut off the flywheel. when i turn it, the flywheel goes with it and i had my dad hold onto the flywheel with two hands as i tried to spin the nut off. is there a trick to doing this, or am i just retarted. haha anyhelp is appreciated

i just found that tool in the service manual. never knew they had one of those! lol. maybe i will get one. and i did the whole timing advance thing and mounted the stator back up. but when i pulled the flywheel off in the beginning, the little half circle thing ( i guess key), came flying off and i dont know where it goes on now. can u explain to me or show me a picture, anyone? thanks

RMATV sells a Tusk clutch holding tool for $22 or so.Also RMATV sells a lock up tool made by stealy(or something) that works very well.It basically is a long hard plastic plug that goes in place of the spark plug and when the piston hits it it locks up the motor for changing flywheels,clutches,kickstarters,etc. I was surprised in how well this tool worked and it was only $11. Only problem with that is if the top end is off you will need the clutch holding tool,or you can improvise and make something yourself.

RMATV sells a Tusk clutch holding tool for $22 or so.Also RMATV sells a lock up tool made by stealy(or something) that works very well.It basically is a long hard plastic plug that goes in place of the spark plug and when the piston hits it it locks up the motor for changing flywheels,clutches,kickstarters,etc. I was surprised in how well this tool worked and it was only $11. Only problem with that is if the top end is off you will need the clutch holding tool,or you can improvise and make something yourself.

thats a smart idea! id love to get one of those spark plug things. my neighbor has an impact wrench and we got it off with that but i heard it isnt recommended to impact it back on bcasue u can shear the key. maybe i will look into one of those tools. or maybe ill just go to my local dealer have them jus tighten it up quick with the right torque