float problem, anyone having same problem?

shane408

Oct 5, 2014
ok on my 06 blaster this problem happened twice after riding hard like when i hit a big jump or blasting over whoops my carb starts overflowing like mad pouring out of the top overflow i just bang the carb with a rock and the floats seat. The carb is clean and floats are set right. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue maybe when the carb gets rattled real hard the needle on the float sticks

I'm still new here but a clean carb is a happy carb. Float pin may not be seating.

A guy came to me in desperation, he had been trying to stop his carb flooding for days.

I removed the float only to find that where the needle rode, the tang was deeply pitted from wear.

Every time the float got to the top of its travel, the pit would cause the needle to be forced sideways, making it leak

I gripped a wrench in the vice and placed the tang over it.

With a fine punch and a small hammer I tapped the tang on the reverse side of the pit until an indentation was made, forcing material into the pit. from the backside.

It would have been good to have had someone to hold the float..

I then turned the float over, and used a very fine 4 square file to clean up the tang.

Refitted the float and hey presto, no flooding.

There too may be a ridge on the posts that support the float, causing it to stick.

A guy came to me in desperation, he had been trying to stop his carb flooding for days.

I removed the float only to find that where the needle rode, the tang was deeply pitted from wear.

Every time the float got to the top of its travel, the pit would cause the needle to be forced sideways, making it leak

With a fine punch and a small hammer I tapped the tang on the reverse side of the pit until an indentation was made, forcing material into the pit. from the backside.

I then turned the float over, and used a very fine 4 square file to clean up the tang.

There too may be a ridge on the posts that support the float, causing it to stick.
Thanks guys ill

hmm ill check it out thanks