first harescramble

were both running UNI pods, we have to rig my rear brake and waiting on brake lines and new kick starter setup. we will be ready to show em what a 2 stroke quad can do come Sunday! i'll try and get my family to get some vids/pics.

run a cover on your filter, it gets muddy if theirs any bit of water on the course! For the guy that said that I've only raced once, I've only raced 1 harescramble! I race about 2 times a week with my cousin for practice and I've done some enduro races, so no it wasn't my first race! Hope ya do well and sorry for not reading that post correctly!

For my first race I set a goal of riding the whole time and finishing. If your running alum rims w/no rings and the track is rocky or the trees are tight you may want to put stock rims on the front if possible. I would try to get your width close to about 46 inches too if its a tight track. Something that helped my hands was moving my controls so they were more comfortable when I was sitting down. I try to sit down most of the time even though depending on the terrain I'm sliding all over the seat. I have a problem following people too close sometimes. I either don't plan my passes enough and get hung up or someone in front gets hung up/stuck and I loose my momentum too.

all loaded up and ready to go got my quad rigged enough to work kinda ran out of time to order the right parts but all seems to hold up get some more pics tomorrow

xbzogp.jpg

ruxrps.jpg

286vfow.jpg

Last edited:
What he is saying is that races arent won on the first lap, or the first hour, but they can definitly be lost that way. if its a 2 hour race, ride a good pace for the first 1 1/2 hours, that way you have energy left at the end. bikes become more spread out towards the end of the race so passing becomes easier. The guy that says its a race, Im riding 110% from the green flag is going to be tired, he will slow down, he may be sore because he crashed, he may have jacked his back hitting something to hard, well he is going to hand the victory to you not because your faster, but because your smarter. Its called strategy.

After you do a few of those races, you will find yourself a much better rider too.

How do I know this works??

The 1st year I raced I followed the philosophy that if blue is up and brown is down, you can go faster. That led to a broken knee and a broken neck. There is definitly truth in the saying that if you slow down you will go faster. you will crash less, break less stuff and collect more trophies riding smooth and fast than you will pinned wide open wide eyed and terrified.

What he is saying is that races arent won on the first lap, or the first hour, but they can definitly be lost that way. if its a 2 hour race, ride a good pace for the first 1 1/2 hours, that way you have energy left at the end. bikes become more spread out towards the end of the race so passing becomes easier. The guy that says its a race, Im riding 110% from the green flag is going to be tired, he will slow down, he may be sore because he crashed, he may have jacked his back hitting something to hard, well he is going to hand the victory to you not because your faster, but because your smarter. Its called strategy.

After you do a few of those races, you will find yourself a much better rider too.

How do I know this works??

The 1st year I raced I followed the philosophy that if blue is up and brown is down, you can go faster. That led to a broken knee and a broken neck. There is definitly truth in the saying that if you slow down you will go faster. you will crash less, break less stuff and collect more trophies riding smooth and fast than you will pinned wide open wide eyed and terrified.

the first time a guy told me "slow is fast" at an autocross meet i thought he was nuts....till i went out and tried it, knocked almost 5 seconds off of my times. and that was just a little short, cones in a parking lot course that was only a minute and a half