first blaster, need some help

Shib786

Sep 22, 2008
Hey, im form the U.k dont know how many of you guys are? anyways just bought a blaster on ebay and just wondering if i payed the right price, its a 1999 and has nerf bars (?) a wide rear axle, a fatboy 2 exhaust, and also some pretty decent lookin tyres, anyway i payed £660 for it and was wondering if it was good? its very close to me like a few miles so i hope its worth it?

Is there anything I should look out for? he said it needs a rear disc/caliper but he has never tryed fixing it, could just need bleedin but ill have to check, heres a picture of it, hope it was worth it :)

also do they come in 5 speed and 6?..he thinks its a 5 speed as he hardly uses it :s anyone explain the gears to me?

9c51_1.JPG

b549_1.JPG

1bf3_1.JPG

U just need to shake the tires to see if the bearings are good and make sure nothings bent.Other then that make sure it runs good and shifts threw all the gears.OH they are all 6 speeds. 1 down 5 up.

Hey, Thanks mate! and the ratio for petrol to oil should be 32:1? i guess i hav to put it strsight into tank? also was it worth it for £660?..ive no idea if he rear axle is an good ? :)

Ya I think you got an okay deal. I tried selling my blaster a few months ago before all of the upgrades to the suspension and I couldnt get $1000 for it. So, you may have over paid slightly.

when i had my 03 i only gave 500 for it. and nothing was wrong with it, but it was completely stock

yeah but in the uk quads cost a lot more new so go for more used i think he got a good deal in fact i was looking at buying the exact same quad but decided to invest the money into my blaster rather than buying a old one too

Collected it today, it needs some handle bars as they are slightly bent and i think it just needs some brake oil..but i dont know atm

I just used google currency calculator
660 Euros = 964.98600 U.S. dollars
So yeah, I'd say its a good deal. Plus it looks really nice and someone has already put hydro rear brakes on it BIG PLUS.

Yup but the brakes dont work :( think i need a new caliper by looks of it, but ill be seeing to that soon, got to order some handle bars as these are slightly bent.

will these fit?
Yamaha Blaster Quad handelbar on eBay, also, Trike, ATV Quad Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 30-Sep-08 19:28:16 BST)

Last edited by a moderator: