First Blaster 1990

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/what-jets-are-you-using.28981/
I think some have used a jjh needle in the. Shee carbs?
Might want to call jetsrus,or sudco. And they might know the best needle for your setup?
Look up jetting .
I would ditch the twist throttle. It's harder to control throttle in rough terrain with twist throttle on an atv.imo
Thanks Sly! I will check them out, just got my engine back and the shee carb! Will post a few pics later. Thanks for the recommendation but I love the twist throttle!

Reactions: Slydog
Thanks Sly! I will check them out, just got my engine back and the shee carb! Will post a few pics later. Thanks for the recommendation but I love the twist throttle!
No problem.hay like i said about the twist throttle that was just my opinion.
Everybody is different. Set up your ride the way you want it.

Reactions: mostdope97
You are right though it can be sketchy lol. So I took the bottom off the shee carb today and it has a 230 main jet in it. I know I need a rebuild kit or a jetting kit. What do you think? Also I tried getting me reeds inside the engine already. But for some reason I couldn’t take off my intake boot so I just bought another. Should it come off ?

Also finished up painting. Just gotta do the a arms.

Attachments

• 9DEFCC4E-89F2-445E-A191-48ED39B1CFA9.jpeg
    9DEFCC4E-89F2-445E-A191-48ED39B1CFA9.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 178
Okay guys oem carb just went down 30$ in price lol. Rebuilt the shee carb with a blaster rebuilt kit by tusk on Rocky Mountain. I had to order a new spark plug boot bc I guess the other one was too small for the brs spark plug, some aftermarket orange cable. I also had to order a new motion pro twist throttle bc I don’t know what brand the one on now is. Ordered a motion pro cable and it doesn’t fit very well... ugh another problem lol. Hopefully when that comes in I’ll slap in the shee carb and I’ll be all set.

Okay guys oem carb just went down 30$ in price lol. Rebuilt the shee carb with a blaster rebuilt kit by tusk on Rocky Mountain. I had to order a new spark plug boot bc I guess the other one was too small for the brs spark plug, some aftermarket orange cable. I also had to order a new motion pro twist throttle bc I don’t know what brand the one on now is. Ordered a motion pro cable and it doesn’t fit very well... ugh another problem lol. Hopefully when that comes in I’ll slap in the shee carb and I’ll be all set.
Better keep your receipts. That way when everything is figured out you can order the right parts the first time:D. Sounds like your getting close?

Haha I am close!! I toss the receipts I know wtf I buy haha. I only buy the best stuff not off brand crap. Good news it’s all on 4 wheels just waiting for the right cable, otherwise I woulda started this biotch up. Know where I can get new gas lines and drain line?

Haha I am close!! I toss the receipts I know wtf I buy haha. I only buy the best stuff not off brand crap. Good news it’s all on 4 wheels just waiting for the right cable, otherwise I woulda started this biotch up. Know where I can get new gas lines and drain line?
Local stealership? Or atv/dirtbike repair shop ussualy have it on hand. Might be able to find a better color selection on fleebay or something if you want a certain color

Also should my slide touch the bottom?

Attachments

• A501CB7D-25FE-49F7-B08A-8676EE204E33.jpeg
    A501CB7D-25FE-49F7-B08A-8676EE204E33.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 169
Got it running last night. Drove it for a bit. Topped off the oil in the cases and it was good in the little window. Drove it for a bit and it keeps going low so I topped it off again. Rode it around and it did it again. Also when I was turning the gas on gas was pouring outta the carb. Did that for like 30 seconds and then stopped.

Got it running last night. Drove it for a bit. Topped off the oil in the cases and it was good in the little window. Drove it for a bit and it keeps going low so I topped it off again. Rode it around and it did it again. Also when I was turning the gas on gas was pouring outta the carb. Did that for like 30 seconds and then stopped.
Did you do a leakdown test? You should.You may have a clutch side crank seal leaking. Are you showing any external leaks?

Reactions: mostdope97
Not showing and external leaks.. floor is clean. Also I’m using the shee carb. I wonder if my float is off. Could that cause it not to start easy takes about 25 kicks but after that it runs good. 6th gear will kind of bog a bit. Using 230 main jet

Reactions: Slydog