FINALLY!!

Racer X

Jan 10, 2009
Virginia
After months of bs and being overcharged for nothing i finally got her back Saturday morning which is why i wasnt online all weekend. Here in Va it was 60 all weekend so a pretty good couple a days for some fun. Got to look it over and see what ive got and what i need i mean want:-D next.

After looking at it and checking everything out i found it sad that 2 dealerships (1 Chinese and 1 Kawasaki) had the bike for a total of 5 months and nobody ever checked or cleaned the air filter. Popped the airbox lid off and the thing was so dirty i thought it was rusty =)). A K&N recharge later it made that thing move a lot different. Told Kawasaki to put one in if it didnt have one. They could have really got me by just cleaning it and charging me 50 bucks (oh wait its a dealership K&N filters for Blasters at the dealership is $130 bucks =))=))) but still sad that from reading what you guys have to say on every topic about the Blaster i have learned more then these guys know that charge $60/hr and cant clean an air filter. Again must say thanks to all in the forum. Now i can finally ride.

they didnt charge you did they??

he =)) he said =))=))=)) he said they didnt charge you did they? =))=)) =))yea man you know how things work with Japanese things at American dealerships. Yea they charged me 214.63 to put on the Fmf and a new rear brake caliper and to put 2 bolts on the clutch lever so that it worked "properly". 2 bolts or screws or whatever. $15. $15 for 2 friggin bolts? what are they oem? they're Vito's bolts so i can can an extra 2hp out of my clutch =))=)) yea i just paid the money to get it out of there and im sending an email today to the home Kawasaki office. The whole ordeal would have cost me less if i had done it in the back yard and screwed it up. Never again though thanks to the forum

thats crazy. I pretty much didnt know much about 2 strokes before this place but this place has helped me tremendously over the past few weeks. I:I

thats crazy. I pretty much didnt know much about 2 strokes before this place but this place has helped me tremendously over the past few weeks. I:I

Vermont is awesome. My wifes family has a time share at the von trapp lodge and we've been a few times. Cool place everyone drives a subaru or audi up there too....lol

feel the same ive learned so much for here..

me too man, my problem had to go to the shop, i busted an engine stud, 160 dollars and i don't get it back till next sat they said....hopefully, and found out there was a piece off my choke assembly was missing. thats why i couldn't tune it or it wouldn't run the choke wasn't shutting off, i am still pissed!

Its sad so many people go to dealerships. Find a guy in your neighborhood that owns some quads, flip im 50 bucks and ask if he can look at it. If you know how 1 works you know how 90% of them work.

Its sad so many people go to dealerships. Find a guy in your neighborhood that owns some quads, flip im 50 bucks and ask if he can look at it. If you know how 1 works you know how 90% of them work.

hate to agree with ol sparky but on this he is right. 2 dealerships couldnt clean an air filter but my neighborhood guy came over and did that and tightened up some screws and bolts and it was a whole new quad. worse then that this guy had worked at a dealership before but he worked on 4 strokes. yesterday was his first time with a 2 stroke and he was figuring out stuff in secs compared to people that are "trained" that have it for months

hate to agree with ol sparky but on this he is right. 2 dealerships couldnt clean an air filter but my neighborhood guy came over and did that and tightened up some screws and bolts and it was a whole new quad. worse then that this guy had worked at a dealership before but he worked on 4 strokes. yesterday was his first time with a 2 stroke and he was figuring out stuff in secs compared to people that are "trained" that have it for months

oh i agree 100% i asked around, no one could do the tap and replacement for the engine stud, i hate paying someone 79 an hour for something i could do, but don't have the resources, i was hella mad, i had just got it good running and putting the muff back on i busted the engine stud sh**!! here helped me a lot with jetting and a lot of the carb problems i was having, like my pilot being gunked up, if you can avaoid the dealer fu** them!!

I still dont understand why you took it to a China dealer and a Kawi dealer when its a Yamaha even though if you know one you know them all. Anyways, glad to hear that you got your problem fixed!!!! $130 for a K&N??? Thats crazyness! I got mine for $40 new from my shop.

yeah ive learned everything i know from trial and error, ive had like 5 blasters and worked on them all myself including splitting cases and rebuilds, id much rather do it myself just for the simple satisfaction of standing around with my buddies and saying 'i built it ' lol

I still dont understand why you took it to a China dealer and a Kawi dealer when its a Yamaha even though if you know one you know them all. Anyways, glad to hear that you got your problem fixed!!!! $130 for a K&N??? Thats crazyness! I got mine for $40 new from my shop.

the China dealer only wanted $35/hr so thats why i chose him and then where im at the only local dealer is Kawasaki i figured they should be able to handle an exhaust an brakes even though its a Yamaha. But as you said once youve dealt with one you know how they all work.

and the $130 K&N was a joke making fun of the dealerships and they're overcharge abilities. they banged me for $15 on 2 bolts. looked on ebay and i can get a lot of 100 bolts for the blaster for the same price. gotta love it right?

Braap we went through this before. Blaster's are cheap. If it cost you 1.7k to fix your Blaster that should tell you that a four stroke will cost you about 6k with the same guy. Avoid the dark side of the stroke braap and deal with a tough learning lesson like i did haha