Engines gone- Now what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000blasternewb

Aug 4, 2009
FT. Sill, OK
Alright so heres the deal. Yesterday we went riding and I sucked some water up and well the pistons shot and the head is screwed up also. heres a pic of the piston

2lvu3p.jpg

well a friend said he was goin to get a big bore kit for the blaster, but some guys were saying i need to get a forged piston also. Then 4cfed said to put a +3 stroker crank in it. I was wanting to get some peoples opinions on what to do or what will yield the most power. Thank you all for your input.

+3 stroker crank, ported cylinder, head mod. Should be able to get all that for around $400 and it should put out 30+hp with a good pipe and carb. Thats what I'd get then later on if you want you could get a 240 kit for more power

+3 stroker crank, ported cylinder, head mod. Should be able to get all that for around $400 and it should put out 30+hp with a good pipe and carb. Thats what I'd get then later on if you want you could get a 240 kit for more power
what he said ^^^^ you can have teh cylinder resleeved for a 240 and keep your portjob, saves you money in the long run......same as buying a vitos....

if you plan on porting, yes. if you port, then add the stroker crank later...you'll have issues. the port timing will be off..and will have to be reported....

like i posted in the chat box....

custom ported cylinder, 3 mil stroker crank, lightened flywheel, milled head, advanced timing, fmf pipe, 250r carb and intake. the clutch was slipping very bad though, and stock gearing with 18in. tires

YES A FMF PIPE!!! just think what a good pipe would do for that machine!

i think he may also have alightened flywheels which helps it rev faster

Last edited by a moderator:
like i posted in the chat box....

YouTube- blaster wheelies

custom ported cylinder, 3 mil stroker crank, lightened flywheel, milled head, advanced timing, fmf pipe, 250r carb and intake. the clutch was slipping very bad though, and stock gearing with 18in. tires

YES A FMF PIPE!!! just think what a good pipe would do for that machine!

i think he may also have alightened flywheels which helps it rev faster
NOOOO!!! Thats not a sh*tty fmf pipe thats a power pros header with a pro circuit silencer. and that also has a 36mm carb not a 34mm.

what he said ^^^^ you can have teh cylinder resleeved for a 240 and keep your portjob, saves you money in the long run......same as buying a vitos....

Sleeving your stock jug with a big bore sleeve is NOT the same as buying a vito's 240 kit. The vito's kit has the triple exhaust ports which a stock jug won't have.

Sleeving your stock jug with a big bore sleeve is NOT the same as buying a vito's 240 kit. The vito's kit has the triple exhaust ports which a stock jug won't have.
that triple exhaust port isnt what you think it is.....trust me resleeving a stocker isnt going to be much different....you'll end up about the same...

Please don't come on here and tell me what I'm thinking. I've been around this sport along time and am just stating that resleeving a stock cylinder with a big bore sleeve isn't the same as buying a vito's big bore kit

Please don't come on here and tell me what I'm thinking. I've been around this sport along time and am just stating that resleeving a stock cylinder with a big bore sleeve isn't the same as buying a vito's big bore kit
ive been around a long time too....vitos takes a factory cyilinder, adds a BB sleeve and cuts in the "triple exhaust port" which isnt really worth it. it has to make 2 hard 90 degree turns before doing what its made to do.....you can get just as good of results from a resleeved cylinder with a BB sleeve in a factory cylinder.

thats all i am saying....

I know your doing the bottom end and the top end ...good choice a few pics of my sunk kdx
sucked mud/water
IMG_1706.jpg

also came down the pipe into the cases
IMG_1702.jpg

example of what happens to bearing whith in a day
IMG_1705.jpg

little something I do with the carnage after a rebuild

IMG_1709.jpg

incase you cant tell I make candles out of the old pistons

sorry to hijack with nonsense crap though

Just out of curiousity what caused all the impressions in the piston?Ive seen many hydrolocked car and truck engines but none came out looking so beat up.

Did the head come apart as well?

all of the nicks are caused by pieces being sucked into the cylinder. In this case it was the edge of the piston that broke

those two guys are both right about the bigbore vitos offers 8 port bigbore sleeves and 12 port sleeves 8 port being a little cheaper and u send in ur stock jug to be machined and port mached but it costs 180.00 so its better to get the 12 port kit i wish i would have now but i got a true wiesco piston instead of the vitos/wiesco junker they supply and mine rips a$$ with help of a 38 mil carb. i would go ahead and do the stroker kit too save money in the long run

Status
Not open for further replies.