Engine Swaps.

Vendetta

Nov 7, 2008
Miami, FL
www.myspace.com
Hey,

What's the easiest swap you can do for a blaster?
I hear YZ250's are real common. Only problem I find is that you gotta cut up the Right swing-arm mount to make the engine fit.

I don't want that. Don't ming fabbing up new parts. It's just cutting the chassis I don't like. Is there an engine that can fit under these descriptions?

Mmm. By the way, I got a honda PRELUDE (1989) with a B20A3. It's a Carb. motor. For you honda people, it's the S model.

Is it worth it converting it to an Si? (fuel injected)

ive had both carb and fi accords of about the same generation
the fi will smoke the carb anyday

Heh Heh, I like the way you think.
The good thinh about it is that it's a drop in replacement.
No custom mount.
Instant 20+ horsepower. (really)
Only problem is that I need to make a returning fuel line, change entire engine harness.

I've seen a couple in the US, but they are kind of rare. A local guy had one for sale a couple of years ago, and I seen one out of the blue one day sitting in a Krogers parking lot just this past summer, may have been the same one but I'm not sure. They are an older bike from the early 80s or even the late 70s so finding one can be a bit of a problem. A real nice swap would be a DT200R but that one would be next to impossible to find in the us. If I'm not mistaken the R version is rated at 35HP

Hey,
What's the easiest swap you can do for a blaster?
I hear YZ250's are real common. Only problem I find is that you gotta cut up the Right swing-arm mount to make the engine fit.
I think you actually have to cut the swing arm itself not the chassis. I believe the problem is getting the swing arm around the motor portion of the pivot point. but I don't know for sure

Heh Heh, I like the way you think.
The good thinh about it is that it's a drop in replacement.
No custom mount.
Instant 20+ horsepower. (really)
Only problem is that I need to make a returning fuel line, change entire engine harness.

ya my buddys got 2 preludes a 1988 honda 2.0 s carb and a 1989 2.0 si fi and to be truthfull with good drivers the s will keep up with the si for about a 1/4 mile and the s has a little more torque then the si but just so u know there's a site called prelude power that will tell u everything u need to know and then some its a forum also