Engine 04 blaster

OFFRD11

Apr 3, 2012
englishtown,njtr
Wzup blaster ppls just got my first 4wheeler and I chose a blaster. 04 with toomey B1 exhaust,just did an oil block off kit,as far as I know everything else is stock... Noticed a bit of oil seeping thru exhaust(manifold?) I pulled the plug and it also had some oil on it. Could this be something serious? Any helpfull input would be appreciated

That's pretty common.

Just a quick question, is the quad jetted for that exhaust?

That's pretty common.

Just a quick question, is the quad jetted for that exhaust?

well, if there is excess oil on the plug and out the exhaust i'd say she's a tad bit rich, also dude, make sure you mix your gas at 32:1 with a good 2 stroke oil, NEVER run straight gas in the quad....

Thanks for the input... Iam mixing 32:1 using yamalube...As for it being jetted for that exhaust don't know I cleaned the carburetor the main jet is a 230.

#230 main is way too lean it should be up around 270 - 280.

With the air box lid off and a foam filter it could need as big as a 300 - 310.

You need to plug chop to find the correct jetting.

Last edited:
^^^^ wow yeah dont do anything before you get that thing jetted right. that is way to lean. i wonder how long that was run with a 230 stock main in with the toomey. what color is your plug currently? be careful or there could be a major rebuild in your very near future.

does it matter where u live,I live in new jersey near the shore.I keep reading things about elevation having to do with it,I do have a 240 main jet that i got from the seller but he didnt know anything about it,the blaster was his sons,should I START with that or higher

the plug just looks oily(oil fouled)

Have you ran that plug since oil delete? As mentioned, you should be way bigger than a 240. Search around forum or ask for tips on jetting. Don't run it till you put larger jet in it. Yes it does matter where you live, you would be considered sea level, which would require richer jetting. Make sure air cleaner is clean and start aroun 300m, plug chop (or read) and work down if needed.

yes i did run it after for about 30 min did a few passes thru all the gears....It wasnt smoking a lot(normal)no funny smell,Im gonna pull the plug and the carb and change that jet.... THANX EVERYONE FOR THE HELP,I will keep u posted

yea deff change the jet you dont want to be like me and have to replace a top end cuz of a jet. my friend has the same exhaust and is runnign a 310 jet in it with out the air box lid