E- Bay Warning !

rich1

Jan 6, 2014
N.C./RTP
Some of you know I purchased a set of YFZ450r heel guards on E-Bay. The seller was.".sunsetwed" the item # was "191074519368" the total was $35.00.NEVER GOT IT Now here is what happened so it wont happen to you !
I have an E-bay account # one feature there is to have a history of what you bought. Click on history and it shows everything that you have purchased. Now just recently E- bay wanted to increase the sales on their site ,so they have created a new feature called "Guest" buying . If you do not have an account or do not want one you can still buy on E-bay as a guest. When you go to purchase an item it shows a screen that says sign in or guest . I showed my wife what I wanted and told her to buy it since I had to take the dog to the vet. When I came back she said she got it , what she did not tell me was she had signed on as a GUEST, to save time she said . Now the heel guards have not shown up ..7 days late. So I decide to make a dispute after I checked with the credit card company to prove I was billed. I go to customer service page on E-bay to file a claim... did not receive item... clicked on that and it says the History report can not find the item I purchased ! Do it again same thing .I lookup up item # on the search feature ...nothing.... no History of that item or #.
Here is the problem ...if you sign on as a guest you revoke any rights a member has, mainly to dispute anything . Ok it was a mistake on my wifes part for not signing on ( all other 12 purchases showed) . But I think it sucks that they do not tell you that before you do it ,no warning ,nothing. So I lost $35.00 dollars ..big deal you say, suck it up fine !However, it could of easily happened to the other purchases that were ...$650...$350.. $300..$250 ,you get it. Anyway BUYER BEWARE always.

yeah, buyer beware, i dont have my own account but i use my moms for everything we buy on there, and sorry to hear u lost $35 but thank you for warning everyone else

i ran the item # you posted above.........

sure looks like this item # is most certainly still active, meaning YOU DID NOT BUY IT:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191074519368?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=191074519368&_rdc=1

the seller has a great reputation with over 4500 feedbacks @ 99.7 % positive since the year 2002,
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
= Top Rated: Seller with highest buyer ratings
375 + and only 1 negative feedback in the last 12 months:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sunsetwed&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

this is twice now you've been on here "slandering" ebay sellers with good reputations,
the first was inland atv which i have personally bought from numerous times, just recently last week, which i actually paid for the wrong item, i contacted them about it, received an immediate response, and an immediate refund. no frills or thrills, just good ebay customer service. period.

that leaves no other option but both of these "sour deals" were somehow entirely your blunder.
time to get an ebay and paypal account and use them like 99.9% of ebay buyers do.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ran the item # you posted above.........

sure looks like this item # is most certainly still active, meaning YOU DID NOT BUY IT:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191074519368?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=191074519368&_rdc=1

the seller has a great reputation with over 4500 feedbacks @ 99.7 % positive since the year 2002,
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
= Top Rated: Seller with highest buyer ratings
375 + and only 1 negative feedback in the last 12 months:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sunsetwed&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

this is twice now you've been on here "slandering" ebay sellers with good reputations,
the first was inland atv which i have personally bought from numerous times, just recently last week, which i actually paid for the wrong item, i contacted them about it, received an immediate response, and an immediate refund. no frills or thrills, just good ebay customer service. period.

that leaves no other option but both of these "sour deals" were somehow entirely your blunder.
time to get an ebay and paypal account and use them like 99.9% of ebay buyers do.
So you are calling me a liar...WTF ?
First... about the mud guards , if I did not buy them the how do I have a record of it on my Discovery card ? You realize that he has more than 1 to sell. I cant contact him only through e-bay. I said the sign on mistake was mine ,but I still don't have any guards .I said 12 other transaction were fine, maybe it got lost in the mail I don't know ! Why do you think I chose them ,for their top rating ! So be careful about using the word ...slander.

Second... I don't care what youre experience with Inland ATV is ...that's not mine . I showed you and them pictures of the seized piston .They said that they would take care of it 2 months ago , I called them 3 times ..nothing.I called them again and they said that the e-bay money back did not apply to an as is item. I called them BEFORE I bought the motor I asked if the ad was correct that they had said it was ready to install and ran fine. They said that E-Bay makes them put money back in their ads and I have to prove that I bought it seized. I found out that E-bay is not liable fo the condition of a used it bought , you nee to inspect it your self . They are in California so I just ate the $150 for the piston kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't try contacting the seller first to see what's going on ?
The way you contact them 1st is the E- Bay dispute, since no contact # was given like in the Inland ATV ad , but so much for that. I was just trying to warn people about what happens if you get in a hurry like my wife did and select .. Guest.

if I did not buy them the how do I have a record of it on my Discovery card ? You realize that he has more than 1 to sell. .

i'm not calling you a liar, just confused and mistaken, especially about this particular item.

no 2 items ever, in the history of ebay, have identical item #'s
the item # you posted as bought, is still for sale.
that means it never sold.

had you actually bought the item, it would show as "sold", not still for sale.
the ebay system automatically does that, not the seller.
if i'm not mistaken, even relisting an item, or like item, after it ends or sales, it gets a new item # assigned, as it is a different listing/auction than before.
so i see no way, in my vast experience on ebay, that the same item you supposedly bought, is still for sale under the same item #
it simply never went thru completely, no matter what your card statement shows.

in this case, the snafu is on your end, not the sellers.

Do you think ebay sellers take advantage of Guest buying? Can a guest buyer leave feedback?
I do not know any more than I have found out the hard way .This is something that they just started and I replied back about not save buying history ..no answer. I had to pay $60.000 for the Blaster stock guard did I complain about that ? Nope. Its not about the money for me but I wonder what someone else would do if they got a $650 seized engine ?

Do you think your wife got something on ebay for $35.00 that you dont know about? Something embarrassing? :oops:;):p lol
I wish !;) It was under $50 Discover will not cover losses that low period ..neither will anyone else.Did I cry about that ? Nope. Just the facts.

i just messaged the seller on ebay, explaining things the way you did in the first post.
i also linked him to here.
lets see what he has to say, hopefully there is something on his end he missed ?
and we can see about getting your $ back ?

Reactions: tbrooks
Im still trying to understand I bought and paid for it and it was my fault I did not get it. ! How do to know that the computer system at E-bay did not mark it as sold . I said I made a mistake not signing in ,or letting my wife do it. The entire weekend the listing was not anywhere to be found on E- bay does that mean hes a crook , no maybe a program glitch.How would I know that... I worked at IBM for over 25 yrs My 12 other transactions went through fine so Im confused ?

i just messaged the seller on ebay, explaining things the way you did in the first post.
i also linked him to here.
lets see what he has to say, hopefully there is something on his end he missed ?
and we can see about getting your $ back ?

Way to look out for both sides AWK your a good man, but we all know this.
I went and looked at some of my ebay stuff that didn't sell and was relisted and also one that I didn't get paid for that relisted and the item #'s always change. I can say Ebay seems to be changing a lot of stuff around lately that has been giving me some headaches, but not losing money over it, just a pita

This is good info in many ways.

Rich thanks for guest info warning for ppl not familiar

Awk thanks for looking into everything and backing seller since they have no defence making it unfair to them

Regardless of why, how, or who is right here we dont want to blame seller, just warn about signing in.

I can tell you that as a seller there is NO way for anyone to know if ur signed in as guest so theres no lets rip this guy off crap ebay would never allow that from either end and if you call ebay, they will fix problem.

Also PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO LEAVE FEEDBACK its so annoying from both ends. My accounts for years have had feedback every transaction, last year and a half these newer accounts get 2% feedback return. WTF?!?@ lol

Way to look out for both sides AWK your a good man, but we all know this.
I went and looked at some of my ebay stuff that didn't sell and was relisted and also one that I didn't get paid for that relisted and the item #'s always change. I can say Ebay seems to be changing a lot of stuff around lately that has been giving me some headaches, but not losing money over it, just a pita

Yes this is what i was thinking could have happened, i recently had a situation with new changes, sold something, payment didnt go threw and relisted while the sold one was still there. Some changes are for good, some are not. Notice the few weeks were they made sellers user names private in sold section, when you sell quantities of stuff all you sawa long thumbnail list of your items and if anyone had a question you couldnt pick who it was because in sold section it was a coded number, lots of biotchin and headaches before they put it back

Rich, looked it up in sold, item number has one active(unsold) and one sold to
l***k( 519) US $25.00 plus the shipping 1 Jan-31-14 18:53:21 PST
Is this you? If not it was only quantity of 2 with this being 1 sold