DT liquid cooled stuff

Everything is the same on the top end. Same reeds, same piston, same base gasket, exhaust, obviously the head gasket is different, if you don't have the dt wiring harness and a battery you have to pin the power valve, I suppose you lose a little on the bottom end without the power valve but who rides the bottom? REDLINE. The best thing to do is find a complete dt motor, if you search on craigs list canada I have seen a few. Even if it's blown you can combine the two, be careful when it comes to the water pump drive gears, the dt has a different gear ratio so the crank drive gear and the clutch basket gear are different, and the shaft that the clutch rides on is smaller on the dt so you can't just change gears. We drove the bushing out of the dt basket and machined it out to take a blaster clutch basket bushing and put the dt crank drive gear on the blaster bottom end so all the stock dt stuff would work this was cool because it geared up the final drive ratio. On the 200 motor we had an idler gear made to fit the stock blaster crank drive gear, it wasn't as hard as you might think. Let me know if I can help

i've always wanted to do this swap, but its so hard to find the stuff and get parts here in the states that its going to be almost as easy as doing a yz250 swap

Yes, keep this in mind if you are going to try and set up a dt blaster, US Yamaha shops do not have access to the dt stuff which is crazy because it's all Yamaha but you have to order your dt stuff from Canada. I do have a Yamaha dealer in BC that I have worked with in the past if anyone needs that number