DIY-Raptor Fender On Blaster

specialized7

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
May 2, 2008
Saskatoon Canada
Alright could we could a mod sticky this?
I always get messages as to how i put the rear fender on and im just going to make a thread about it instead of writing it all out everytime.

Things you will need:
2006 Raptor plastic
Olfa knife
Permanent marker
1/4" drill bit
plastic ties
about 18" of some fairly thin steel for mounting fenders
2-1" 3/8's bolts with washers and nuts

First things first, You will need to cut the stock airbox out of your Stock fenders Or if you are using an aftermarket box install that.

After you have the airbox installed Cut the back of the Raptor fenders out for the latch assembly to fit through.
This may take a few tries to get perfect but just keep test fitting the fender and seat.

DSC02351.jpg

Once that is done take a marker and set Raptor fender on the frame.
Have a friend or use clamps to hold it in place while you mark threw the stock mounting holes from the bottom. Use the 1/4 Bit to drill the holes out and mount fender with factory screws.

DSC02352.jpg

Next are the Fender mounts.
The left side stock mount can be reused. Just Bend it like i did in this picture.

DSC02354.jpg

The Kickstart side took me a few tries to get right. At first i would hit it with my foot all the time until i adjusted it.
I unbolted the stock mount and rebent my own custom peice out of this thin easily bendable steel and used the stock Bolts to assemble.

DSC02357.jpg

Now these other 2 mounts are optional but i do suggest them as they flop around alot without them.
Ok lets start with the left side, take out the bolt on the grab bar, This is where you will mount it.
I cant tell you exactly how to bend it but use your imagination.
You will have to eye ball it, test fit, re bend. i did many times.
When the peice fits secure it to the fender with the 1" bolt and nut.

DSC02355.jpg

Alright the right side is easier, Same thing bend the metal so it goes from point a (the grab bar/silencer mount) to point b (fender mount) then secure with 1" bolt to fender.
DSC02356.jpg

I also Zip tied the very fronts of the fenders to the frame.
And When i cut the stock airbox out, i left the front mounts so that i could screw it down.

DSC02353.jpg

There ya go Iv seen rear fenders on ebay for $50-75 so thats much cheaper then the maier fender.

Should look something like this!

DSC02183.jpg

Thanks guys, I figured since i get a few messages a week asking how to do i might as well just do a write up.
Are the pictures to big? They look huge on my 10" netbook ?

Reactions: Whitty21
they are picture size imo, able to see everything in detail. just get a bigger moniter if you are having issues.

What size raptor fenders do I need because I can get 07 350 raptor fenders from my friend for really cheap so will they fit or do I need 250 raptor fenders?