reagor

May 23, 2012
nj
www.google.com
am i missing something

you can get aarms for a little over $400

a diamond-j widening kit is $180

why would anyone use the widening kit for a 450 shock conversion

i could see if they were like $80 for the widening plates (which i thought they were)

maybe im missing something here

Last edited by a moderator:
i know your arms are quality, wasnt questioning that...was trying to justify the $180 for plate steel with holes in it.

I can't justify that....

$180 for some plate steel with holes drilled in it is a little much IMO but that's only because the "next step" beyond that runs nearly $400 and is a complete replacment setup. They CAN charge $180 for a couple of plates of steel because people that only have $180 can't buy complete replacement arm sets.

i could see $80-$100,

i noticed when flipping my fronts i got alot more arm fatigue while riding...im assuming due to greater leverage (longer distance to the ball joint pivot)

when using a arms... would gain width but not add steering effort, am i correct in my thinking? what about the +1foward does that add any?

Last edited by a moderator:
Widening kits are a budget option, but they do the job required pretty well, and they seem very strong.

Bump steer can be helped a lot by more toe out.

My lad uses the kit with no problems, and with wheel spacers. His bike is 1270mm wide.

2hx1xn5.jpg

Of course the best option is aftermarket A arms, they are by far the better option.